- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Strategic Assets Manager
Our client, Reading Borough Council are currently seeking to appoint to their Strategic Assets Manager post on a permanent basis. For more information, please call Adam @ Matchtech on 01489 898881.
About the role
The role requires a strong leader to be strategically and operationally responsible for management of the Council's Assets function, ensuring it is fit for purpose, efficient, cost effective and maximising income from the council's assets and land, while also achieving best value for the authority from its disposals and acquisitions. With a natural flair for leadership and innovation, you will coach and develop your team to perform to a high standard.
Leading in creating and implementing policies, processes and strategies you will transform the service, improving the performance of assets and asset management strategies, which provide future direction for the way in which we manage and make major decisions related to council land and property. One of the key priorities will be to create, develop and manage a robust asset management register.
You must have excellent ability to manage, analyse and provide insights on complex asset data, creating assured recommendations in relation to land and property as well as on the disposal of existing stock to create a more efficient asset portfolio and free up capital.
As the Council's lead expert on Assets, Investments and Development related to land and property matters, you will play a key role in leading and supporting major regeneration projects, working across the council and where applicable effective collaboration and partnership working in a manner that creates an exemplary development in line with Council Plan, priorities and elected members' aspirations.
You will have a degree or relevant qualification in surveying or asset management.
This role requires someone with significant experience at senior management level in an assets and regeneration area, with proven track record of successful and consistent achievement in leadership, delivering transformation and sustainable service improvement. Ideally you will have experience of working in local government and have good understanding of processes and procedures involved in managing assets and land in such a setting.
You should have the ability to lead, develop and motivate staff and teams to effect change and deliver improvement and achieve desired outcomes.
We offer a supportive environment to grow and develop your career with the opportunity to put your ideas across. Innovation and ambition is strongly encouraged, and you'll get a great feel for that working in our friendly and collaborative environment.
A competitive salary alongside a range of benefits including:
· Generous holiday entitlement - 30 days holiday each year plus bank holidays - rising to 32 days after 10 years' service, with the option to buy additional leave
· A wide range of flexible working opportunities
· Modern working environment at the Civic Offices in the heart of Reading
· Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
· On-site day nursery (Kennet Day nursery) rated outstanding by Ofsted, and a salary sacrifice scheme to help lower the cost of your nursery fees
· Season Ticket Loan - to help with the cost of your rail/ bus journey, to & from work
· Lease car salary sacrifice scheme allowing you to lease a brand new, greener car for three years. The monthly fee includes insurance, servicing and road tax
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.