- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- IR35 hub
- Our locations
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Control Systems Engineer
Our client are a cutting edge marine systems business working on the development of next generation control systems across a variety of exciting marine based applications. Looking for Embedded Software and Control Systems Engineers.
Responsible for development of control architecture, component specification and the development of embedded / electronic control systems on a wide array of multi-faceted marine development projects.
Responsibilities will include:
- Control architecture - definition of the control layout (controllers, communication busses, HMI, hierarchy, component selection).
- Design of software architecture.
- System Architecture - working with the wider design team to ensure that our hydraulic & electrical component sizing, mechanical design, schematic layout, and software control strategy are joined up and will work effectively as a system.
- Analysis & Simulation - up-front simulation of the systems and control strategies using Simulink/Simscape. Use of these simulations for SIL and HIL rig development.
- Embedded Code - Writing control code for all parts of the system in C, Simulink, and other similar packages.
- Calibration and setup - commissioning and calibration of the system on our rigs and boats.
- Testing and development - development of new testing methods, notably SIL & HIL, running sea trials- including planning, execution, analysis & reporting.
- Coding standards and good practice - you would be responsible for helping to continually develop our processes, standards and tools to ensure our software and calibration are robust and reliable.
- Management of partners - Where we work closely with an external consultancy your role would include working alongside them and managing their workload.
We are looking for an experienced, intelligent, professional engineer, with particular attention to the following personal attributes:
- Degree qualified in a relevant subject or with significant, relevant experience.
- Designing and commissioning performance-critical electrical and / or hydraulic control systems in a similar field - e.g. Automotive, Aerospace, or Marine.
- Writing and calibrating embedded code - ideally both in C and Simulink.
- Writing plant-model simulations in a physical modelling tool (such as Simulink, Dymola, Amesim or similar)
- Whole-system understanding: including electrical, hydraulic, control, calibration, and mechanical aspects.
- Practical Electrical / electronic experience would be useful but is not vital.
- Experience in the marine environment is not required.