- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- IR35 hub
- Our locations
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Senior FPGA Design Engineer
Our client are a leading producer of cutting edge radar systems seeking an experienced FPGA design engineer to join their growing team.
The Senior FPGA Engineer is responsible for the whole or an assigned portion of a design from preliminary specification through to verified firmware. The Senior FPGA Engineer provides expert knowledge of firmware design, test and verification.
- To use good engineering practice to produce Firmware for new, innovative and profitable products and solutions for the business.
- To support and enhance existing Firmware in accordance with business and commercial requirements.
- To undertake defining a set of requirements for a feature/bug fix up to system level design and document a solution that meets the requirements and, implement, test and verify the design meets the requirements with supported test evidence.
- To undertake design, implementation and debugging of VHDL based FPGA hardware.
- To undertake design and development of test benches and vectors to verify VHDL based FPGA.
- To write technical documentation including requirement specifications, test specification and functional descriptions.
- Will be expected to take responsibility of a small project/work package. This will involve scoping the task and defining resources together with estimated time scales. Project ownership will involve monitoring project progress and reporting to stake holders.
- To be responsible for building a Software/Firmware package for release including: configuring the release, raising the appropriate documentation and chairing the release meeting.
- Technical liaison within and outside the business with customers, suppliers and collaborators on Firmware related matters.
- To be able to use test equipment such as oscilloscopes, spectrum analysers, signal generators, etc. to test hardware on the bench running your implemented Firmware and verify it operates as expected.
- Mentoring of junior members of the team and providing constructive feedback in code/document reviews.
- To conduct appropriate Design Reviews of FPGA design and VHDL implementation.
- To take part in higher-level product definition and design review activity, providing expert input from an FPGA perspective.
- Degree qualified in a relevant subject or with equivalent experience.
- Strong experience working on FPGA designs
- Proven track record of producing designs on time and within budget.
- Good command of written and verbal English.
- Experience working on Radar or related DSP applications is desirable but not essential.