- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- IR35 hub
- Our locations
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
LCC via consultancy.
Inside IR35, PAYE or Umbrella.
6 month contract, can be extended.
Leeds but will be from home to start and flexi working after.
· Contribute your knowledge and experience to help support the Traffic Engineering team.
· To provide advice and in the form of both verbal and written format to answer and
address enquiries as they are requested.
· Promote and deliver positive solutions to achieving diversity and equality in all aspects
of service delivery, community engagement areas, focussing on equality of outcome.
· To be accountable for your own safety, safety of staff, service users and contractors in
accordance with Department Health and Safety Policy.
· To work as a team to investigate, design and deliver a variety of traffic engineering
schemes from conception to completion to meet both service and departmental targets.
· Deal with general Traffic Management issues as they arise in an objective and evidenced
· Carry out individual scheme designs from conception to completion to an agreed
programme, including supervision of staff on site as needed.
· Prepare as required (with assistance) contract documentation as required.
· Check designs, quantities and estimates from other Departments which are to be
implemented by the service.
· Supervision of works and the monitoring of schemes.
· Ensure the requirement of all Health and Safety regulations are met for each individual
· Prepare and present reports in a variety of formats.
· Support liaison with the community representatives and groups as required.
· Deal with customer care activities and general public enquiries.
· Support the development of staff within the team.
· Work within the Departmental Safety Policy and Health and Safety legislation for not only
your own safety but that of others.
· When carrying out your duties of this post and as an employee of Leeds City Council
consider the implications of the Councils:
· Adhere to the Council's Core values, Equal Opportunities Policy and Environmental Policy.
· Comply with Standing Order, Financial Procedures and Quality Assurance procedures
· Take responsibility for developing your own performance within the job.
· To maintain effective communications with staff, service users, councillors, trade unions,
partners and other stakeholders in accordance with Council good practice.
· To undertake any other traffic engineering duties within the Section as workloads and
priorities demand at a level appropriate to the grade of the post.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.