- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- IR35 hub
- Our locations
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Senior Cost Engineer
We are looking for an SC Cleared Senior Cost Engineer for an Inside IR35 contract in Reading.
Degree or HNC/HND in appropriate business or technical discipline preferable or proven cost engineering experience within an area relevant to the programme and project work undertaken at AWE
- Prepare, monitor and control of forecasts and budgets for specified projects, including change control.
- Interrogate systems and performance to ascertain actual expenditure and project accruals as needed.
- Preparation of cost reports, including trend analysis and early warnings where necessary.
- Perform and support other Cost Engineer requirements as requested.
- Maintain and promote high personal standards in environment, safety, health, security and quality and be a great team player.
- Implement appropriate procedures, processes and systems to ensure the quality and consistency of data.
- Conduct full and detailed SPI, CPI variance analysis and subsequent root cause analysis, followed by provision of narrative, recommendations & recovery planning in accordance with monthly reporting timescales.
- Establish the Project Cost Breakdown Structure (CBS) and lead on the preparation of cost studies utilising historical data. Developing benchmarking information to meet specific needs.
- Provide trended data to the Project Manager based on performance to date and emerging trends including making recommendations.
- Tracking manpower productivity and analysing time booked to projects including resource usage vs. planned, resource constraints, etc. and make any relevant recommendations to the Project Manager.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.