- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- IR35 hub
- Our locations
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Cable Puller, Sussex
You will assist with the fibre cabling underground in the street, to which the end customer's broadband will be connected and this work will take place outside people's houses. This will sometimes be the customers' house frontage and will range from a normal garden to driveway consisting of tarmac, block paving, dirt or concrete.
Laying this cable underground requires digging and cutting through this ground to establish the depth.
You will be provided with all tools and the best quality training necessary to perform the job making sure that you are able to complete this work in the safest manner possible. There will always be worksite supervision there to make sure that you are kept on task and able to perform your duties safety, accurately and effectively.
Requirements for this role:
Previous experience in a similar role will be advantageous but not essential. We have taken people from varied backgrounds such as warehouse work, deliveries, labouring, landscape gardening with limited experience. Our client is just looking for someone who is physically fit and able to cope with strenuous and demanding groundwork activities
- Full UK driving licence, with at least one year driving
- Willingness to travel to different residences, to install cables to properties
- Criminal Record Checking Required (we do not discriminate)
Pay and Hours:
- £11.19 per hour (PAYE)
- Full time
- Shifts can vary dependant on the location of work and demands of the project but usually a morning start between 7am and 9am
- Usually Monday to Friday
- Overtime rate on weekends
- You will serve a 16-week initial agency contract with at least 2 years of work available on this project
For more information or to apply, please send through an updated CV in response to this ad or call Jaden on 07725 597 837, Bruce on 07552 838 069 or Georgia on 07584 230 905.