- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- IR35 hub
- Our locations
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
CAD Technician (Anglian Water)
Our water industry/construction client is looking to strengthen their Engineering team with CAD Technicians for their @one Alliance framework based out of Peterborough.
The ideal candidate will produce models mainly relating to the Civil, Structural, Mechanical design of water and wastewater assets in a timely and accurate fashion.
The @one Alliance are heading into their latest Asset Management Period, known as AMP 7 and this will see them deliver a £1.4bn programme of work over the next five years.
- Produce models and drawings ensuring compliance with relevant local and national standards
- Work with all members of a multi-disciplinary team
- Provide input to the pre-construction Health and Safety Plan, including risk assessments, so that it can be prepared and updated at appropriate intervals
- Ensure technical content of all work is carried out in accordance with the agreed timescales and budgets
- Work cross-functionally across the Alliance to ensure project requirements are met and drive efficient delivery
- Participate in project reviews relating to design, progress and construction to receive questions and challenges in a constructive manner
- Proactively research, present and implement innovative new processes and ways of working to optimise output
- Level 5 or higher qualification is Civil/ Structural Engineering
- Ideally have water and/ or wastewater design experience.
- Experience in either Revit, Plant3D, Civil3D or Navisworks and fluent in Microsoft Office 360,
- Excellent communication skills
- Passion for solving design issues through the use of technology.
- Experience in either reinforcement detailing and specification, pipework modelling along with site surveying using laser scanning and incorporating drone surveys are desirable
- A competitive salary - permanent up to £40k per annum
- Agile working/WFH may be considered
- 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays (with an additional 5 days available to buy)
- Contribution Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Health Insurance
- Private medical Insurance