- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- IR35 hub
- Our locations
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Structures Engineer - OUTSIDE IR35
Our client has a great contract opportunity for a Structural Engineer to join their busy team to assist with the design on Highway Structures,
To design, prepare contracts and supervise the implementation of Structural Engineering works relating to Street Scene's Assets through efficient and effective participation in the assets (strategy) team.
To provide Structural Engineering advice to client officers, senior managers within the Authority, Elected Members and members of the public as necessary.
To lead on the design of Highway Structures.
Key Results Areas
- To undertake feasibility studies and prepare reports bids and presentations as required by the service area.
- The post holder will be required to comply with all relevant legal responsibilities relevant to the post e.g. Health & Safety at Work Act, Construction Design & Management Regulations 2015.
- To monitor the activities of contractors, sub-contractors and statutory undertakers on site and to check that the quality of work complies with the specification.
- To liaise as necessary with external consultants in the delivery of technical services, specialised structural Inspections and monitoring.
- To mentor staff under their control in various issues in civil engineering.
- To lead on the project management on a day to day basis of the structural engineering team.
- To inspect and check civil engineering works on site.
- To contribute to the maintenance and provision of information relating to the performance management of the Structural Engineering team, in terms of project performance.
- To provide information resulting from enquiries under the Freedom to Information Act 2000.
- Public liaison in respect of day-to-day activities.
- To take responsibility on behalf of the Council in the delivery of the Technical Approval Authority process.
- To assist the Principal Engineer (Assets) in the provision of comprehensive management and financial information to support funding application bids.
- To liaise and work successfully with external organisations and range of other corporate colleagues in delivery of projects.
- To represent the Council at meetings with external funding bodies and various stakeholders.
- Ensure that all structural inspections are completed to the appropriate standard and within the set time frame - in respect to the Authorities Highway Structures inventory.
- To establish systems of control ensuring that the team comply with the recommended schedule of structural inspections.
- To provide relevant information to the Principal Engineer (Assets) in the further development of the Highways Asset Management Plan.
- To be responsible for providing recommendations on potential structural repairs to the Principal Engineer (Assets) with relevant Technical information, which will form the basis of Capital and Revenue programmes.
- To undertake structural design where appropriate using relevant software/ CAD in accordance with the relevant British standards
Qualifications and Experience
To have a Degree, HNC or equivalent level qualification in an Engineering discipline.
To have post qualification (full time or equivalent) experience in Structural Engineering design.
Practical knowledge and ability in Structural Engineering design and construction.
Thorough understanding or relevant construction legislation and contract law.
Experience of Project Management Techniques.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.