- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- IR35 hub
- Our locations
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Project Manager (Hinkley Point C)
Matchtech are excited to be working alongside a major contractor on the Hinkley Point C project in Bridgwater (Somerset), and as result we have a live requirement for an experienced Project Manager.
As the Project Manager your duties & responsibilities will be:
* Overall responsibility for successful Management and delivery of Projects for the 'Schemes' section of the client Contract on site at Hinkley Point.
* Manage and supervision of allocated works to ensure that work is carried out safely, on time, to budget and in accordance with the HSEQ standards required by the client.
* Programme development / review and updating through the duration of the Works to develop construction programmes, phasing plans and method statements.
* Overall Commercial responsibility for the Project - to be managed with support from the project QS.
* Line management of the operational construction team, including Site Managers and Engineers
* Efficient organisation of direct and subcontractor resources.
* Liaise with other stakeholders as required to deliver schemes (service managers, Designers etc)
* Ensure Construction Phase Plans, method statements and safe systems of work are in-place before work is started and that required safety standards are maintained at all times.
* Ensure subcontractors site personnel are competent and fully trained to undertake their work.
* Fully engage with commercial teams and take responsibility for the commercial performance of the project.
* Keep accurate records including site diary, records of works activities, resource allocations and as-built information.
* Develop relationships and work closely with Key Supply Chain partners.
* Assist with Early Contractor Involvement and buildability considerations including Traffic Management.
* Participate in Value Management process and Value Engineering reviews as required.
Skills & Knowledge Requirements
* Civil Engineering or related qualification
* Experience of managing client priorities, communication and expectations
* Experience of leading large teams
* UK/EEC driving licence.
* Evidence of managing health & safety in design and construction.
* Knowledge and experience of partnering with a strong delivery focus
* Demonstrable experience in the successful project management of highway maintenance and infrastructure schemes
The role is advertised as inside of IR35, however should a succesful applicant wish to have an assesment in order to work under their own Limited Company, this can be done.