- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- IR35 hub
- Our locations
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Technical Manager (water infrastructure)
Our client is looking to strengthen Design team with a Technical Manager for their @one Alliance framework on Anglian Water based out of Peterborough offices.
The @one Alliance are heading into their latest Asset Management Period, known as AMP 7 and this will see them deliver a £1.4bn programme of work over the next five years.
As the new Technical Manager, you'll be responsible for CDM Principal Designer duties whilst ensuring technical outputs meet the requirements of the Totex Delivery Process as well as meeting project affordability within timescales agreed with the project team
As a visible and hands on leader you'll lead a team of engineers, taking projects from conceptual stage right through to closing out projects you'll look to implement efficient and innovative solutions to reduce cost and carbon across our programmes.
- Deliver complete designs to meet project requirements whilst embracing technological advancements and help achieve the aim of fully attributed 3D models for every project to facilitate the manipulation of data
- Develop and embed standard products, quality standards, collaborative working approaches and the Risk, Opportunity & Value process to optimise performance and reputation
- Drive and champion excellence in Health & Safety by completing required audits and documentation and never compromising anyone's safety during projects
- Plan the technical aspects of project by liaising with Lead Project Managers, Integrated Project Leaders and Discipline Heads; paying attention to correct resource allocation to meet project demands
- Effectively manage a wide-range of diverse stakeholder groups by acting as the trusted and visible technical link between Operations, Construction and Commissioning
- Provide an environment where individuals can thrive and develop to enhance the overall team's performance by continuously pushing the boundaries to consistently outperform
- Degree, HNC or HND in Engineering
- Experience in a technical role and be comfortable managing designs and multi-disciplinary projects specifically on Water Infrastructure.
- Knowledge of construction techniques and a strong understanding and demonstrable application of CDM in projects
- Inspire and lead a team
- Customer focussed in all the activities you undertake
- With a strong appreciation of how collaboration can truly unlock complex projects, you'll be able to assess unique situations and draw upon your technical expertise to make decisive, yet safety conscious, decisions to keep projects on track.
- Always operating with integrity and accountability, you'll be able to build rapport and trust amongst your stakeholder and establish yourself and the team across the Alliance.
- A competitive salary
- Car/car allowance (subject to role and level of position)
- 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays (with an additional 5 days available to buy)
- Flexible working considered
- Contribution Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Health Insurance
- Private medical Insurance