- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- IR35 hub
- Our locations
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Senior SOC Analyst
Our client, a leading air traffic control services provider, is requiring a Senior SOC Analyst.
Our client, a leading air traffic control services provider, is requiring a Senior SOC Analyst to develop their Threat Intelligence & identification processes, Vulnerability Management and Incident Management, to join them on an initial 6 month contract.
Purpose of the Role
- The Senior SOC Analyst is responsible for providing oversight and assurance of the Security Operations Centre.
- The Senior SOC Analyst develops and maintains an ongoing programme of oversight and assurance of the Security Operations Centre capability, feeding into the overall assessment of cyber risk reviewed periodically by the Board, the Cyber Security Governance Group and other appropriate forums.
- The Senior SOC Analyst supports Security Operations Centre stakeholders in the development, maintenance and delivery of the Security Operations Centre capability.
- The Senior SOC Analyst will engage with external bodies, including peer organisations in global aviation and critical infrastructure, academic institutions and other thought leaders to understand and apply leading and emerging thinking to the development of the Security Operations Centre capability to ensure that the organisation achieves its cyber objective of being at the forefront of the global aviation industry.
The organisation is dependent on up-to-date threat intelligence being provided by the sources it has and on its ability to ingest this and coordinate the necessary analysis of it to determine if and where our defences need to be hardened. The Senior SOC Analyst would be accountable for this activity and providing effective communication of the changes in threat landscape, typically through weekly threat briefs, and they would be accountable for maintaining an up-to-date view of threats in collaboration with our partners (e.g. NCSC) and suppliers.
The organisation does not currently have a focal point or person for managing vulnerabilities across all business units, that takes ownership for identifying vulnerabilities, agreeing resolutions and reporting current status. As a consequence, there is an inconsistent approach being used, albeit aligned to the cross policy for vulnerability management, that is at risk of missing key vulnerabilities that could be exploited by would be attackers. By focussing a Senior SOC Analyst to this activity and aligning it with broader CDC accountabilities such as Threat Intelligence, the organisation will be in stronger position to quickly identify vulnerabilities and direct / coordinate attention where it is needed most.
The Senior SOC Analyst would be accountable for developing the SOC's ability to support the management of incidents by developing and maintaining the necessary network of contacts and interfaces required to more seamlessly manage the incident management process with the primary objective of reducing the time-to-resolution and providing / restoring confidence within operations following an incident.
Qualifications, professional knowledge and Skills
- Educated to Degree level, ideally with a focus on an appropriate discipline e.g. Cyber Security.
- Certified to CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, CCISO or equivalent professional certification.
- Ability to build relationships and influence across an organisation with a track record of good written and verbal communication skills.
- A broad cyber-security skillset, able to assimilate and consider issues from the technical, contractual and business perspective, supported by a pragmatic attitude to the implementation of security in a complex and diverse organisation.
- Previous experience working within a security function and looking for further personal development in an organisation where cyber risk is considered very high in organisational priorities.
- Experience of a Security Operations Centre environment.
- Detailed experience of Threat, Vulnerability, and Incident Management.
Contract deemed as working inside IR35, paying up to £550 per day umbrella. Client based in Fareham, Hampshire but remote work available.
Successful candidate must be eligible for SC Clearance.