- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- IR35 hub
- Our locations
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Based in High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, the successful Highway Inspector will report to the Area manager. The role of Highway Inspector is to undertake safety and service inspections and asset management information on the highway network.
The role of Highway inspector you to collect and record data on site using IT hardware and software and manually when necessary. The majority of the role will be spent auditing, either on foot or via a vehicle in all weather conditions.
General responsibilities of Highway Inspector:
- Perform and accurately report safety and service inspections across the road network.
- Perform driven and walked highway inspections, alone and with others.
- Overseeing an Assistant Highway Inspector as necessary.
- Ensure inspection process and procedures are followed in accordance with legal requirements.
- Report any issues not covered by the inspection regime for the betterment of the network.
- Provide support and evidence for insurance claim defence.
- Prepare, attend and if necessary, give evidence in court.
- Liaise with with local area technicians and others working withing the area to share intelligence to improve the condition of the network.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Ability to attain the necessary certification required to perform the role including but not exclusive to Highway Safety Inspection Training and Assessment Programme City and Guilds 6033.
- Ability to collect accurate asset and defect information.
- Possess a personal fitness level to be able to spend the majority of the role outdoors walking the network in all weather conditions.
- Familiar with the requirements of working safely within a highway environment.
- The ideal candidate will have experience of working in highway maintenance and/or with an asset management system
- Full UK Driving Licence
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.