- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- IR35 hub
- Our locations
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Assistant Traffic Officer
To implement integrated transport and traffic schemes to achieve traffic and casualty reduction targets and objectives.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
- To design, and to implement, traffic, transport and kerbside projects.
- To arrange, to carry out and/or to analyse the results of all necessary investigations, surveys, feasibility studies and research relevant to any aspect of the postholder's or departments work.
- To maintain control of the resources allocated to schemes/projects for which the postholder is responsible; and to ensure the proper supervision and management of such schemes/projects.
- To respond to inquiries from members of the public, Councillors, stake holders, and other departments of the Council and to take appropriate action. Seek guidance where needed.
- To draft reports for review under the guidance of Senior or Principal Officers and to support officers in attendance at Committees, Sub-Committees of the Council as required.
- To keep abreast of technical developments to ensure compliance with statutory requirements and to be able to take forward innovation relating to the duties of the post
- To report on indicators as required.
- To follow council procedures and process on best practice and apply relevant Project and Quality Management frameworks relevant to the work.
- To participate in a culture of innovation, knowledge sharing and best practice across services and contribute to opportunities for innovation, pilot schemes trials and research.
- Assist the Team in promoting wellbeing and inclusion.
- To respond to enquiries from Members, the public, stakeholders, and other departments of the Council and to take appropriate action.
- To support engagement and consultation on schemes.