- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- IR35 hub
- Our locations
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Construction Manager (water)
Our client is seeking a Construction Manager to join their Anglian Water @one Alliance venture to be based on sites across the Anglian Water region (Peterborough base).
The Anglian Water @one Alliance is a collaborative organisation made up of seven partner companies and extended supply chain, delivering over half of Anglian Water's capital investment programme.
You will oversee the management of quality, cost and timely delivery of all construction activity carried out on site through the leadership of Site Managers and on-site resources. We are looking for a Construction Manager to work on either Water/ Water Recycling Non-Infrastructure or Infrastructure programme areas.
- Manage the Health, Safety, Environmental and Sustainability with responsibility for CDM for managing compliance for all delivered construction work within a designated team.
- Adopt a wider pan-Alliance view, modelling appropriate Alliancing behaviours and leadership skills within integrated teams.
- Managing your local construction delivery team to ensure all construction activities are provided in compliance with the scheme deliverables, you'll drive a culture of zero accidents and zero defects to meet Delivery Milestones to provide the best service to customers.
- Lead and manage site construction teams within designated portfolios to deliver projects within approved budget and to an agreed time frame; facilitate project construction kick off meeting and lead health checks
- Responsible for the performance of tier 2 suppliers in relation to Safety, Time and Quality including approving RAMS ensuring they are appropriate and adequate
- Take the lead with Constructability Reviews, Project Rehearsal and Fit for Assembly sign-off which drives outperformance and innovation where possible
- Drive a focus on zero waste and reducing embodied carbon within construction activities
- Ensure that the site teams are raising the relevant contractual and commercial notices to the rest of the Project Team in a timely manner
- Work with the Lead Construction Manager to establish long term and short term resource needs (labour, plant and materials)
- Ensure full H&S compliance is achieved where the team feel safe everyday and have the confidence and autonomy to raise safety concerns
- Look to implement a blend of standard products and innovation techniques which will maintain our position as industry-leaders
- Proven experience of managing operational resources in a fast-paced water industry environment
- HNC/Degree in Civil or Construction Management.
- SMSTS and SEATS
- CSCS Card (Black minimum)
- Able to inspire and lead a team
- Encourage and support groups and individuals to achieve critical tasks and outcomes with the ability to adopt a can-do attitude and willingness to be hands on if required to achieve the deliverables.
- Able to operate at all levels to suit need and the situation with the ability to manage conflicting demands.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills and will be performance driven, with proven experience of managing multiple stakeholder groups both internal and external to the organisation.
- To provide visible leadership across sites, there will be an expectation to travel to sites across the Anglian Water region.
- A competitive salary
- Car/car allowance (subject to role and level of position)
- 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays (with an additional 5 days available to buy)
- Contribution Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Health Insurance
- Private medical Insurance