- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- IR35 hub
- Our locations
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Permanent or Contract opportunity
£40k-£50k or day rate of £300
day-to-day construction management of project works
To undertake the day-to-day construction management of project works in terms of safety, quality, environment, engineering/ design compliance, commissioning, functionality and programme. This will involve the management of Contractors and implementing processes to control the delivery of the works.
Canton Depot upgrades is part of the overall CVL/South Wales Metro programme. This is a position within the Client team delivering the multi-dis upgrades to the depot in readiness for new rolling stock delivery
* Lead, motivate and manage Assistant Construction Managers and/ or Construction Management Assistants. Act as a role-model for them in terms of behaviours and values, and mentor their professional development.
* Undertake the construction management and/ or supervision of project works.
* Comply with construction management processes and effectively implement them.
* Apply a consistent approach to construction management, implementation of processes and the management of contractors.
* Provide construction management input to the project works, particularly advice regarding construction/ implementation/ constructability, attendance at pre-possession planning meetings, construction/ implementation reviews and QSRA meetings.
* Undertake appropriate liaison with the Maintainer when the project works will/ may affect Maintained Assets.
* Evaluate the progress on site against the programme and agreed milestones. Use this information to provide accurate updates to the project team and agreed reporting lines.
* Assist the Project Manager for the project works in the review of Work Package Plans, Task Briefing Sheets, commissioning plans and other project documentation.
* Undertake, or arrange for others to undertake, suitable inspections/ audits for the project works being managed in regard to safety, quality, environment, engineering/ design compliance, functionality and commissioning.
* Keep suitable records for the project works being managed and communicate information regarding construction management to the rest of the project team in a timely and effective manner.
* For the project works being managed identify issues on site that may result in cost variation and report them to the project team, providing assistance in the valuation of these variations.
* When significant issues are encountered these will be escalated to the Senior Construction Manager to facilitate a timely and effective escalation and resolution.
* Identify best practices and effective innovation to the Senior Construction Manager and provide background information, costs and benefits to enable the best practices to be effectively disseminated.
* Identify areas where a continuous improvement approach to construction management could bring benefit.
* Provide 'buildability' advice to the project team.
* Accountable for the application of construction management processes to the projects being worked upon.
Multi-discipline Rail Experience
Demonstrable successful construction management experience.
Relevant experience for the specialist area of construction management being undertaken.
Understanding of the CDM Regulations and health & safety legislation, regulations and industry practices.
Demonstrable experience of the implementation of health, safety, environmental and quality management processes.
Contract and commercial awareness.
Effective communication skills.
Ability to operate effectively in the site environment.
You must have right to work in the UK
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.