- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- IR35 hub
- Our locations
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Operational Systems Co-Ordinator
We currently have a very exciting opportunity for an Operational Systems Co-ordinator to work on site at a leading Aerospace manufacturer based on the Isle of Wight.
This role will be offered on a 3-6 Month contract with a view to go permnanent for the right candidate.
This role helps to coordinate information and drive production performance through our operational infrastructure systems which provide important information and metrics to ensure our manufacturing processes are operating at the highest levels of performance. The Operational Systems Coordinator is an important part of the team supporting the delivery of bottom-line savings through; helping to manage our direct costs, supporting scrap and inventory reduction and providing critical data and analysis for the early diagnosis of problems and identifying corrective actions through root cause analysis. The successful candidate will also be involved in the deployment of manufacturing systems with management guidance to improve the operational efficiency of the Site.
- Development and implementation of standard working procedures and systems to reduce direct operating costs, promote health and safety in the workplace and improve quality.
- Development of production plans, scheduling systems and shop floor data collection and customer liaison as required.
- Data gathering to support collation and reporting for deployment of lean metrics
- Development and maintenance of regular reporting metrics (daily, weekly, monthly)
- Using knowledge of industry best practice, investigate the financial benefits of new technologies and assist in preparation and submission of the necessary capital expenditure requests as required.
- Fully support and participate all continuous improvement activities within the operations team.
Essential/Desired Personal Skills, Knowledge and Experience, Qualifications
- Ability to communicate (written and verbal) and operate successfully at all organisational levels.
- Applicants will be resourceful, organised, self-motivated and flexible
- Good PC skills; especially Outlook, Excel, Word & PowerPoint, and presentation skills would be advantageous.
- Knowledge of company IT systems (i.e. Databases, T&A Systems, ERP Systems etc) advantageous.
- A keen eye for attention to detail.
- Customer quality awareness, and knowledge of cost vs benefit analysis desirable.
- Experience of working within a manufacturing or engineering environment would be advantageous.
Working Straight Days with an early finish Fridays
Baseline Security Clearance will be required prior to starting including Criminal Record check costing £23 to be reimbursed once started
ITAR Restrictions apply
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.