- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- IR35 hub
- Our locations
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Based in Bedfordshire the successful Site Agent will be reporting to the Team Leader. The role of the Site Agent will be to manage the construction phase of scheme works across client portfolios and external clients.
The construction of the Highways Schemes in Bedfordshire include (but not limited to) Public Realm improvements, carriageway and junction improvements. Speed cushions and roundabouts, minor and major improvement works.
As Site Agent you'll be responsible for:
- Leading and managing the construction phase of client schemes.
- Provide input into buildability during design phase. Resolve construction issues for design team members and provide advice where necessary.
- Coordination between the design team and the build team during the project start up.
- Work with the Commercial team in the development of Target Costs.
- Instigate pre start meetings with all sub-contractors that will be carrying out the works.
- Development of Construction Phase Plan and review of SCP RAMS.
- Manage change management process under NEC contract, through appropriate systems.
Competencies of Site Agent:
- HNC in Civil Engineering (preferred but not essential)
- Understanding of the NEC3 form of contract and its application within Highways Works
- A decent understanding of Health & Safety legislation
- Ability to engage and conduct effective negotiations with client, stakeholders, subcontractors and third parties
- A comprehensive understanding of highway maintenance and works
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.