- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- IR35 hub
- Our locations
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Senior Project Manager (Severn Trent)
Our client is looking to strengthen their delivery team with a Senior Project Manager for their Severn Trent Water framework based out of their Derby office.
You will manage the design, construction, commissioning and putting to work of contracts to ensure they are completed in the most efficient manner to the specification, within the time required and within the tender estimate without risk to the health and safety of all concerned while ensuring good customer satisfaction. For this role you will be delivering on large projects.
You will report directly to the Operations Manager and the responsibilities will include:
- Promote exceptional safety and delivery quality standards to direct and subcontracted work force
- Ensuring that the BMS is implemented at all stages throughout the project delivery process, i.e from tender handover to final completion
- Reviewing at the project level, in conjunction with the Information Manager, the effectiveness of the BMS as a means of achieving quality, safety and environmental objectives
- Ensuring, in conjunction with the Design Manager, that an adequate Technical, Safety and Environmental review is carried out for each project to ensure successful delivery
- Ensuring that appropriately detailed construction plans and method statements are prepared, in place and approved prior to commencement of activities
- Ensuring works procedures are produced to assist with control quality where applicable
- Ensure all commercial aspects of the project are managed in a timely and proactive way giving accurate forecast and estimates
- Understanding and implementing the Quality, Safety and Environmental Policies and Targets
- Maintain an appropriate practical knowledge and appreciation of all technical disciplines associated with delivering water and wastewater design and build projects.
- Previous Management experience
- Degree or equivalent qualification in a construction related discipline.
- APMP or equivalent
- Must be delivery driven with the ability to set targets and manage and motivate multi-disciplinary teams to deliver to time, cost and quality objectives.
- Previous experience within water treatment (Non-Infrastructure)
- A competitive salary
- Car/car allowance (subject to role and level of position)
- 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays (with an additional 5 days available to buy)
- Contribution Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Health Insurance
- Private medical Insurance