- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- IR35 hub
- Our locations
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
ILS Engineer - Supply Support
ILS Engineer - Supply Support - 5 month contract -Scotstoun, Glasgow - £45.04ph UMB or £32.05ph PAYE (Inside IR35)
ILS Engineer - Supply Support - 5 month contract - Scotstoun, Glasgow - £45.04ph UMB or £32.05ph PAYE (Inside IR35)
The Umbrella rate quoted above is the Gross Umbrella rate (i.e. the rate we pay to the Umbrella Company inclusive of ALL employment costs). Please note, the rate paid by the Umbrella will be less, as will a Limited Deemed rate or Agency PAYE rate. Please get in touch to discuss the rates via these different payment vehicles.
This role will require you to hold or be eligible to obtain Security Clearance (SC). You will need to obtain a Criminal Record Check and you must be eligible to work in the UK without sponsorship and have lived and worked in the UK for a minimum 5 year period. If you are unsure as to whether you are eligible, please contact me to discuss.
Applies understanding of a range of ILS processes, tools, systems and techniques, and applies these to the review and analysis of supplier data, components or systems. Understands and develops solutions to common or well-articulated ILS Support situations, problems and issues.
- Applies proven techniques and procedures to understand Support requirements and develop solutions.
- Diagnose and resolve issues and problems for a range of ILS Support related situations
- Typically coaches and mentors other ILS Support engineers, applies interpersonal skills in communicating technical Support matters.
- Works with a degree of technical autonomy, demonstrates a commitment to professional ILS principles and values.
- Requires knowledge and experience in an ILS subject area.
- Develop and produce specific ILS outputs consistent with the contractual requirements to meet target dates and budget demands (Delivery to time, quality and budget).
- Produce procedures and/or process instructions to characterise the work of the team, including pre-requisite inputs from other functions and the outputs that can be expected from the process.
- Schedules own work to meet target schedule and cost demands.
- Ability to validate the work of other engineers within own team and develop their technical skills and understanding of key functional deliverables.
- Communicate with customer representatives, classification authorities and suppliers in writing, by telephone and in face to face meetings, and with other internal functions as necessary to discuss technical issues and problems.
- Qualifications: Degree or HND/HNC or equivalent in an Engineering discipline (Mechanical/Electrical/Marine Engineering).
- Understanding and experience of ILS (DEF STAN 00-600 and JSP 886) and Support Functions within major Projects.
- Understanding of Support related analysis techniques.
- Good knowledge and awareness of ILS activities and interactions with the wider ILS aspects and MoD infrastructure.
- Demonstrate self-leadership behaviours, strong commitment and self-motivation.
- Responsible for quality of own work.
- Perform self-verification of own tasks to ensure completeness and quality of information and to arrange checking of work by appropriate team members.
- May be required to coach/mentor within the team.