- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- IR35 hub
- Our locations
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Senior Quality & Performance Analyst
There are 3 positions available. You will be managing the quality and performance of a variety of highways contracts in the SE region. All roles offer fully flexible working and can be home or office based.
To lead on regional performance reporting, and drive the implementation and embedment of performance measurement and management as an essential tool for effective contract management in line with the Delivery Plan. Where the use of Quality Plans is integral to the performance management of contracts, drive the implementation and embedment of appropriate quality management practices within the region, including the use of available auditing arrangements in line with the Delivery Plan.
- To work collaboratively with regional and national Operations teams (e.g. National Portfolio & Performance team) to shape, define and implement performance reporting requirements, KPIs, and metrics that allow better understanding and visibility of the Region's performance against its targets.
- Manage the allocated work to deliver the audit programme (Contract Assurance Regime and Service Quality Reviews) for the region's contracts. Facilitate all external audits; carry out data and trend analysis on audit findings and nonconformities.
- Act as the Implementation Owner for Quality Management of the region's contracts and use performance and trend analysis to identify improvements in quality performance, weighing pros and cons and including cost benefit analysis.
- Implement and audit NHSS documentation to achieve certification and ensure the health and safety needs and wellbeing of customers and employees are fully considered and accounted for throughout the planning and delivery of each service activity.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of Quality Management documentation and champion a culture of continuous improvement across the region by ensuring that performance feedback and lessons learned are captured, owned, tracked and monitored through to delivery.
- Manage the allocated elements of the region's quality and performance reporting, ensuring that positive performance is recognised, and quality improvement plans are created to address poor performance. Make clear and timely recommendations to improve quality and performance management and provide advice and recommendations on supplier performance measurement.
- Manage non-conformities (NCRs) and quality management points (QMPs), ensuring they are raised and closed out effectively.
- Coach and support the development of the Quality and Performance Analysts.
- Manage contract reference updates within Asset Delivery, (including Chief Highways Engineer memos and Interim Advice Notes) and assess the impact on operations. Coordinate between Scheme Delivery, Service Delivery, Commercial and Procurement and Finance to improve service delivery.
- To carry out such other duties which are consistent with the nature and responsibilities of this role.
- Make changes to KPIs to improve visibility of performance and to Quality Management System and how quality is reported
Key contacts/relationships/stakeholders managed
- Commercial & Procurement regional and central teams
- Regional Supplier Relationships Manager and supplier community
- Regional Operations stakeholders - internal (e.g. senior management, Highways England regional staff)
- National Operations stakeholders (e.g. Portfolio team, central audit team) ▪ Supply Chain Partners
Business Knowledge and Experience
- Thorough understanding of commercial contracts and quality and performance management
- Experience in quality and performance management, including detailed experience of maintaining challenging yet collaborative commercial relationships with the supply chain, and driving continual improvement and best practice
- Understanding of managing NEC (or similar) contracts
- Excellent understanding of Quality Management Systems, quality measurement requirements and methods
- High level of communication skills to engage stakeholders and suppliers at all levels
- Ability to execute tasks independently, yet work collaboratively within a team and respond to management guidance & support
- Highly organised individual with a strong focus on delivery and strong customer focus
Functional / Technical Skills
- Lead Auditor for ISO 9001 (desirable to also have any of the following: ISO14001, ISO 18001, ISO 27001, NHSS and BS 11000)
- Excellent data and information management and reporting skills (inc. use of relevant tools /applications)
- Stakeholder management
- Excellent organisational skills
- Experience of working on complex service based contracts (Highways construction and maintenance highly desirable)
- Proven communication skills