- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- IR35 hub
- Our locations
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Contract Electronics FPGA DSP
Our client, a global technology company and key player in Aerospace, Defence & Security are requiring a FPGA/DSP Electronics Engineer to join them on an initial 6 month contract.
6-month initial contract
Please call to discuss rates.
Senior Electronics Engineer (Signal Processing)
Our Defence Client is looking for an engineer with signal processing knowledge to join the R&D team for aircraft SATCOM and Mesh radio network solutions based in Southampton. The role will be initially focused on the signal processing aspects of the communications waveform; to be implemented on laboratory and aircraft concept demonstrators in later stages of the project. The engineer will provide technical support throughout the product lifecycle including design implementation, integration and test, system trials and product delivery.
The signal processing engineer will be part of the Airborne Communications product development group within the Integrated Sensing & Protection; interacting with partner organisations / sub-contractors and potential customers.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
* You will be responsible for delivery of specific work packages focused on signalling processing supporting the communications waveform definition and system emulation.
* Modelling of signal processing candidate architectures to determine the optimal waveform solution.
* Documentation of analysis supporting waveform solution.
* Support laboratory hardware demonstrator development.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
You must have:
* Knowledge of signal processing concepts.
* Experience in signal processing (e.g. University or industry projects).
* Ability to use of signal processing modelling / simulation tools (e.g. MATLAB or other signal processing development software).
* Ability to produce detailed technical reports.
* Graduate degree in relevant engineering or related scientific discipline (Electronics Engineering preferred).
* Ability to work independently, managing own workload and reporting accurately and regularly on progress.
* Ability to make technical decisions within own sphere of responsibility.
* Willingness to work proactively within a fast moving and dynamic environment.
* Ability to be a team player with a willingness to share ideas and communicate well within a project team environment.
It would be nice if you have:
* Knowledge / experience of specific FPGA / DSP implementations.
* Board level design experience including PCB design tools.
* Experience in system level and sub-system integration and debug.