- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- IR35 hub
- Our locations
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
A global Defence client are seeking an experienced Project Manager with a technical background and the ability to engage external clients to work within the Air Defence sector of the business leading projects with multi-disciplinary teams.
Job Title: Project Manager
6 month initial contract
Please call to discuss rates
Overview of department:
To act as the Business & Project Manager to manage elements of a number of contracts within Air Defence, against business plan targets through rigorous application of project management processes. Manage stakeholder interfaces, including Missile Programmes and Customers, and ensure accurate reporting of progress against all aspects of contract performance. The role will also involve activities related to the winning of new and follow-on business.
* Lead the multi-disciplinary Project Business Team (PBT).
* Develop and maintain key relationships with the Missile Programmes that feed in to the ASI contracts.
* Develop and maintain key relationships with the customer and other external agencies.
* Define and maintain the Project Management Plan, including definition of work breakdown structure, cost collection structure and lower level management plans.
* Establish and implement effective project management processes, tools and reporting mechanisms on achievement of the programme and budgets.
* Generation and implementation of programme business improvement and competitiveness strategies.
* Ensure that contract budgets are planned, loaded and controlled in accordance with the defined management plans.
* Manage and control contract cost at completions and cash flow, maximising margin and agreeing margin adjustment criteria.
* Prepare and maintain contract risk and opportunity optimisation plans associated manage the associated contingency budgets.
* Ensure robust workload forecasts are available for the Project / Sector
* Prepare and present reports covering business performance for area(s) of responsibility.
* Co-ordinate interfaces with internal functions and directorates.
* Support the B&PM Exec, B&PM Manager, and sector B&PM team on the commercial and legal integrity of contracts with the customer and effective management of the supply base.
* Ensure that all Export Regulations are understood, adhered to and that compliance can be demonstrated.
* Lead bidding activity in accordance with Bid Process
* Strong communication and motivational skills
* Strong project and risk management skills and knowledge.
* Sound business judgement.
* Technical appreciation of complex problems.
* Project management experience, covering financial, commercial, engineering and project areas.