- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- IR35 hub
- Our locations
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Asset Management Surveyor
Local Authority client in North London seeking an experienced Chartered Surveyor to work as part of their Asset Management team on the Housing side. For more information call Adam @ Matchtech on 01489 898881.
- Lead, manage and motivate the team to deliver high performance
- Ensure that corporate/departmental people practices are understood and implemented within your service
- Effectively manage budgets and projects within your service ensuring effective cost management and prioritisation
- Monitor and evaluate your team's performance and recommend areas for improvement based on evidence
- Coach and support staff to develop
- Recommend areas for service improvement based on relevant data and information
- Communicate effectively with elected members and other partners/stakeholders
- Collaborate constructively with partner organisations and other stakeholders including internal services and colleagues
- Build a culture of trust in your team
In your role you will:
- Support the Head of AM in the procurement of a 3 year term contract for quinquennial stock condition surveys and annual structural surveys, to ensure the Council retains real data, regarding the physical attributes and condition of its housing portfolio.
- Administer and manage license to park and land purchase enquiries on HRA land. Review and correspond with applicant and record stages in the process on a central spreadsheet.
- Review the management of the HRA Shops portfolio including liaising with Corporate Property who currently manage the HRA Shops and associated flats on behalf of Housing.
- In conjunction with the Sustainability manager and M&E asset surveyor, develop and implement a programme of M&E asset surveys across the stock to inform investment decisions
- Complete a gap analysis on the current asset data system to identify system improvement and opportunities to strengthen and improve data handling and reporting;
- Ensure the asset database is updated to reflect capital work completions (monthly) and in conjunction with the Building Safety and Information manager, ensure building attribute information; H&S file; Regulation 38 information and O&M files are uploaded to the asset management system;
- ensure the asset database is updated to reflect new development completions and future retrofit works, ensure building attribute information; H&S file; Regulation 38 information; new technologies and O&M files are uploaded to the asset management system.
- analyse data and information contained within CROHM database, extract and upload relevant information onto the asset database.
- act as single point of contact for the asset database system. Manage, co ordinate and arrange meetings with relevant parties including current data providers and internal stakeholders. Implement and monitor progress of actions and disseminate information to stakeholders and the Asset Team..
- provide forecasting reports to inform the 30, 10 and 5 year investment programmes, taking into consideration inflation; undertaking relevant internal stakeholder consultation, in their development and producing documents as requested by Capital Board; Place procurement board and Performance Board.
- produce Client programme briefs to support the annual investment need and present the findings of these briefs to internal stakeholders via scheme scope meetings, for scrutiny and challenge..
- ensure the asset system price model, for budgeting purposes is maintained in line with inflation.
- ensure project briefs reflect the asset strategies aims and objectives and that due consideration is taken to the selection and performance of materials, in developing programmes of work.
- to assist the Head of Asset management in identifying opportunities for stock disposal, or transfer.
- undertake resident engagement sessions to ascertain resident input, feedback and challenge into the proposed scope of works, at block/ estate level as agreed by the Head of Asset management, prior to final scheme approval via the Capital Board.
- produce an asset client brief handover file, providing full details of planned works activity to the delivery team(s) in accordance with the defined Client Brief process.
- on conjunction with the Data Analysts, provide management reports as required by the Directorate to support service needs.
- provide technical advice and statistical reporting as required
Annual budgetary amounts with which the role is either directly or indirectly concerned:
This post will contribute significant financial/technical/asset data to the Housing Management Team, to allow development of annual, 5 year and 30-year asset plans, but has no direct budgetary control
The post will help monitor progress against annual budgets of circa £50-£70 million per annum
- Structure Chart:
See attached (Separate Sheet)
- Number of direct reports: None
- Nature of reporting relationship between post holder and line manager Head of Asset Management
- Any other relevant statistics