- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- IR35 hub
- Our locations
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Product Support Specialist
We are recruiting for a Product Support Specialist to work with a key client in Fareham within the commercial marine electronics industry. We are looking for a flexible and dynamic person to join the team, read on to understand more!
Product Support Specialist (Maritime Thermal Camera)
Business Unit/Department - Maritime UK
The individual will be primarily responsible for assisting with Maritime Thermal Camera product support, including both office-based 1st line/2nd line support and infield onboard diagnostics and repair, requiring occasional travel to UK and EMEAPAC locations as required.
The individual will also assist the Tier 2 Product Support as above.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- 1st and 2nd line response to enquiries associated with the clients products, either responding direct to enquiries by using FAQs or knowledge base or escalating them to team members or Tier 3 support for further detailed response.
- Assisting customers via Telephone, web and email, following up customer contacts as necessary and supporting team colleagues with detailed technical guidance relating to customer enquiries.
- Provide customers with call back and or follow up actions to ensure satisfactory resolution within dept KPIs
- Assisting and supporting in resolution of customer complaints, escalating as necessary to line manager
- To develop and publish FAQs and develop content for knowledge base to enhance customer self diagnosis and web based knowledge tool to be expanded and available to all customers.
- To identify and publish support documentation to enhance the Customer support activities and quality and scope of support materials for customers.
- To support customers remotely via web team viewer sessions, to diagnose source of issues.
- To supervise and engage appropriate local resources to remove and replace defective products, co-ordinating replacement products and spares as necessary.
- Undertake in-field service visits as required within stated territories.
- To support administration of returns and repairs whilst in the office
- To report and follow up in-field issues, initiating appropriate responses and follow up actions within engineering and PLG.
- To lead escalation of fault technical diagnoses, with full triage capability to escalate fault, symptom and potential resolution to relevant technical teams for formal resolution and launch of field fix through acknowledged company processes.
- To directly support engineering teams with specific technical requirements as appropriate to drive field improvement through experience, product knowledge and customer feedback.
- Responsible for PLG committee associated with assigned products, to ensure all field reports of such associated products are correctly input to the PLG process and escalated or managed as appropriate.
- Responsible as subject matter technical expert to encourage, train and develop similar expertise across the team.
- Other duties as assigned
- GCSE/GCE 'O' Level Maths and 6 others
- ONC/OND in Electronics/Mechanical Engineering
- 5 years in similar marine industry related position
- Travelled internationally, manually dextrous.
- Some training experience preferred
- Excellent communication and Leadership skills, ability to work unsupervised.
- Organisational and time-management skills
Knowledge and Skills:
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written, clear, concise and accurate are essential.
- Clear spoken English and grammatically correct written English necessary.
- PC literate and competent operator of telephony is essential.
- Some experience of work in shipyards/onboard vessels preferred
- Experience of close communication direct with customers required
- Some experience of commercial shipping or electronics
- Ability to travel overseas, at short notice to countries including ME and South Africa required
- Experience of electrical and electronics repair and diagnostics
- Knowledge of ethernet networks and infrastructure required
- Ability to work within a team
- Self motivated, ability to prioritise workload
- Knowldge of thermal maritime cameras an advantage
Needs to be able to work unsupervised whilst away from the office overseas, with ability to make own decisions in line with company policy. Ability to support own judgements without reference to others.
- As per employment contract
- International travel - occasionally at short notice forms part of this role
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.