- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- IR35 hub
- Our locations
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Occupant Safety CAE Engineer
Performing CAE work in occupant protection and restraints development across all vehicle programmes; optimising the belts, airbags, and other interior components to deliver safety standards and optimising performance and efficiency.
- Develop occupant and restraints models in LS-Dyna.
- Lead occupant simulations of required load cases, analysis of results and provide design recommendations throughout the development phase to progress vehicle programs.
- Support the development and optimisation of the restraints system, working on belts, airbags, seats and interior components.
- Work closely with the global CAE and Attribute teams.
- Support improvements in modelling techniques to help increase simulation accuracy and engineering knowhow.
- Critically assess CAE model results against physical test data and determine root causes for differences.
- Experience with Human Body Model (HBM's) advantageous.
- Minimum: Masters Degree in Mechanical Engineering or relevant.
- In depth working knowledge of occupant safety, crash test dummies and restraint components.
- Thorough understanding of finite element analysis. MUST have hands-on experience with LS-Dyna and pre- and post-processing tools like PRIMER, ANSA, META, HYPERMESH and HYPERVIEW.
- Experience with US and ECE regulations, Euro NCAP and IIHS consumer rating programs and related China requirement equivalents.
- A knowledge of and enthusiasm for (or belief in) the sector of the industry in which our client operates.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
- Demonstrates high level of personal motivation to join a dynamic organisation and sees development opportunity in doing so, takes a proactive approach to self-development.
- Demonstrates alignment to the client's corportae values; Honesty, Care, Vision, Action. Someone who respects and works well with others.
- The ability to maintain the highest standards of confidentiality in all aspects of work.
- Willing to travel to China, Europe and US.
- Right to work in the UK.