- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Powertrain Electronics Systems Engineer - HIL
We have a position for a HIL Development Engineer with experience of dSpace and Python scripting.
We are looking to hire an Electronics Systems Engineer-HIL to join us on a full-time basis to test and develop real-time safety critical embedded software, to execute within a passenger car or commercial vehicle Electronic Control Unit, controlling the Powertrain or after-treatment equipment.
- Scalexio dSPACE HIL hardware maintenance and designing harnesses.
- Scalexio/PHS Bus dSPACE HIL simulator maintenance and continuous development.
- Automating tests for execution on dSPACE HIL using Python scripting.
- Scripting and following the process of version control.
- Executing tests on dSPACE HIL, electrical Bench and sometimes on vehicle.
- Planning for test development and execution.
- Updating and maintaining open or closed loop models (Matlab/Simulink) on dSPACE HIL.
- Test results analysis.
What we're looking for
- Experienced HW/ dSPACE HIL Engineer
- Understanding of electrical circuits and designing harnesses.
- Experience in Python scripting.
- Experience on maintaining HIL models (ASM preferable)
- Experienced in writing test specifications based on requirements as well as designs.
- Experienced in executing tests on different environments e.g. vehicle, bench, HIL.
- CAN tools experience (CANstress, CANoe etc.).
- Knowledge of Excel/XML/XLST standards.
- Understanding of Matlab-Simulink blocks
- Experience in the automotive, rail or aerospace fields
- Understanding of diesel/gasoline engine control strategies, ECU hardware and sensor/actuator interfaces.
- Understanding of ALM/PLM requirement based tools (preferred Polarion).
- Clearcase (or similar configuration management tool).
- Knowledge of ATI
- Experience with Jenkins or Hudson tools
- Educated to HND or degree level in engineering or equivalent.
- Self-motivated with a positive attitude towards work
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Team orientated
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines when required
- The ability to prioritise and organise own workload
What we offer
- 27 days holiday + bank holidays
- Long service holiday (if applicable)
- Working hours are 37 each week (flexi hours are available)
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental plan
- Pension Scheme
- Onsite parking
- Staff discount with selected retails + wellbeing platforms
- Discounted gym membership at Roko
- Subsidised canteen
- Friendly working environment