- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- IR35 hub
- Our locations
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Senior Mechanical Engineer
Our client are a global engineering business who are developing cutting edge systems to help pioneer the future of science and medicine. We are looking for an experienced Senior Mechanical Engineer to work in their R&D team.
What will your role look like…
As a Senior Mechanical Engineer you will be a key member of the R&D team that designs and develops hardware and disposables for the Biopharmaceutical Industry. You will manage specification, design, industrialisation, and transfer to manufacturing, as part of a global, multi-disciplinary product development team.
- Responsible for all aspects of the design specifications for projects based on customer requirements;
- Help to improve the designs of existing devices;
- Build new designs, both mechanically and in some areas electrically, providing benefits and/or solving problems;
- Identify and select relevant raw materials (plastics and steel), components, manufacturing/assembly processes (injection moulding, thermoforming, sheet metal, machining…) and suppliers vital for the realisation of the products;
- Responsible for user documentation;
- Listen, understand, translate internal and external customers' requirements;
- Feed innovation and actively supply to innovation database;
- Serve as a specialist on your field/products and challenge the technical concepts of your colleagues...
- Define validation protocols and testing regimes.
What we are looking for…
- Ideally a Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or relevant field;
- Highly experienced in Design for manufacture
- Knowledge of 3D CAD modelling to cover aspects such as plastic designs, assemblies, sheet metal, welding constructions, etc;
- Analytical, Collaborative and Customer Oriented;
- Continuous Improvement Approach.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.