- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- IR35 hub
- Our locations
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Senior / Principal Hardware Engineer
Would you like to join a company with Global presence?
The company are at the forefront of innovation, creating technology for a range of successful markets.
Important: All applicants must be able to obtain Security Clearance.
Working: Possible Flexible and some remote working potentials.
Are you looking for a dynamic company who deliver world-class solutions?
The company are an Innovation and Technology leader, solving complex challenges across every domain! The organisation provides advanced systems and services to their customers Globally and have a fantastic reputation in their market.
The company are looking for an experienced Hardware / Electronics Engineer to join a successful team where you will be able make your mark on a broad and varied range of product designs, and will be expected to assist in the integration of these designs into products.
You will have the opportunity to support engineering solutions, overseeing the integration of contributions from all other engineering disciplines - including systems, hardware, mechanical, software, safety and reliability.
As Senior / Principal Hardware Engineer, you will report directly to the Engineering Manager and the Digital Hardware Engineering Section Lead. Your role will include but not be limited to the Digital Signal Processor design and development with technical leadership - From the initial concept stage, developing these concepts through to final production and certification.
- Ideally qualified to degree-level or equivalent experience in a Physics or Engineering based subject, such as; Electronics, Hardware, Computer Science, Software or Systems Engineering etc.
- Good knowledge of high speed digital design (up to GHz), electro-mechanical and / or thermal product design within harsh environments.
- Design of circuits in analogue and digital, with exposure to FPGA or DSP control. Experience of interfacing your designs into established systems
- Fully understand circuit operation, debug, diagnose and implement fixes.
- Demonstrable problem solving and analytical skills, willing to take ownership as well as positively contributing within cross-disciplined teams.
- Able to prioritise and manage their tasks to ensure all are completed to time and schedule.
- Develop hardware concepts efficiently from limited or vague customer requirements and communicate potential solutions.
- Proven experience in technical leadership across multi-disciplined teams.
- Experience in interpretation of customer specs and end use environments.
- Good communication skills. Ability to tailor communications to level and audience at all levels.
- Excellent stakeholder management and customer interfacing skills.
- Willingness to travel throughout the UK, Europe and the US.
- Understands the principles of 6 Sigma and Lean Manufacturing.
- Experience in the Defence / Aerospace or safety regulated environment would be advantageous.
- Experience with interfacing to RF circuitry and high speed D/A /A/D conversion
- Experience using the Mentor Graphics tool suite; xDxX Designer, Constraints Editor, HyperLynx tools such as Signal Integrity & Power Analyser, SystemVision simulation or equivalents would be advantageous.
- Knowledge of Firmware development, design and test using suitable toolsets (i.e. Xilinx Vivado, ModelSim)
- Proven analytical skills in circuit simulation (Matlab, LT Spice)) and thermal analysis.
- Product Quality Testing and Certification.
- Experience of working with Industry standard toolsets for requirement capture, design and task management (e.g. DOORs, Microsoft Project).
For full information, please get in touch!