- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- IR35 hub
- Our locations
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Senior Mechanical Engineer
The company have a powerful presence in their sector, and have defined the industry with a number of world firsts! It is an exciting time to join a company who are passionate to innovate, create and excite!
This role is for a Senior Mechanical Engineer who will be responsible for the design and development of Antenna System products for the Aerospace sector.
- Produce concept and detailed designs using 3D CAD.
- Acting as the Lead Engineer on projects/bids when required.
- Use FEA and CFD tools supported by hand calculations to simulate mechanical behaviour.
- Create drawings and documentation to appropriate standards including BS8888 and Bills of Materials.
- Undertake tolerance analysis of designs including Geometric Dimensioning and tolerancing.
- Investigate and define answers to design problems via NCRs from manufacturing.
- Continuous improvement of processes and tools including support to corporate change initiatives.
- Familiarity of working across the whole engineering product life-cycle and development phases.
- Experience of using 3D CAD packages e.g. SolidWorks.
- Background working within the Aerospace sector or another highly-regulated industry.
- An working knowledge of most aspects of mechanical engineering, including structural analysis and CFD (predominantly Thermal).
- A broad understanding of materials, treatments and finishes, and their environmental implications.
- Knowledge of composite design and production techniques (ideally GFRP).
- Experience of the airborne environment would be advantageous.
Important: All applicants must be able to obtain UK Security Clearance.
Working: This role requires being based in the office 3 days/week.
If you're interested in this opportunity, please click "Apply Now" and attach your latest CV.