- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- IR35 hub
- Our locations
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Senior Electronics Engineer
Leading manufacturing company seeking Senior Electronics Engineer
Our client, who are a market leading manufacturing, have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Electronics Engineer to join their engineering team based in Eastbourne.
Main Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Maintain awareness of product roadmaps and priorities in the Vacuum Technique Division as well as new NPI developments and their impact on component selection. Maintain an awareness of industry trends for component availability and lead times.
- Provide feedback to NPI engineers on the suitability of new components for new designs and provide alternative recommendations if needed. Ensure the Silicon Expert tool is maintained with the latest BOMs.
- Work with teams with different functional disciplines to provide a coordinated approach to Product Lifecycle Management (PLM). Ensure component changes and updates are reflected appropriately in the SAP BOM and the correct processes have been followed with regards to configuration management.
- Ensure that for 95% of a given PCA BOM, each component is associated with a minimum of 2 manufacturers' part numbers.
- Own and maintain the process for component obsolescence. Work with NPI engineering teams to ensure component reliability needs are understood and include MTBF calculations to standard Mil-217.
- Work with the Tech Support and Copy Exact teams to coordinate the testing and approval of new and/or alternative components as needed.
- Establish metrics for the health of BOM components in terms of longevity, standard lead times and cost volatility.
- Ensure regulatory compliance alignment to RoHS and REACH directives for all components.
The chosen candidate will have a Bachelor or Masters degree (or equivalent) in Electrical and/or Electronics Engineering or a related engineering discipline. They will also need to have knowledge of the fundamentals of electronics design both analogue and high-speed digital and the design trade-offs often required in component selection.
A good understanding of the product development processes as well as experience working with tools such as SAP and Silicon Expert would be an advantage.
They will also have previous experience of working in a regulated, compliance-driven industry as well as a strong understanding of the electronics distributor markets
Although office based in Eastbourne occasional travel to other company sites and key suppliers in the UK as well occasional customer facing travel will be required.
Basic salary of up to £45,000 per annum (Depending on suitability)