- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Principal Legislation Engineer
Our established water sector client is looking to recruit a Principal Legislation Engineer to work out of their Kent, Hampshire or Sussex offices managing a legislation framework - flexible working is available.
Our water sector client is looking to recruit a Principal Legislation Engineer to work out of their Kent, Hampshire or Sussex offices.
The Principal Legislation Engineer will be accountable for managing the legislation compliance framework to ensure that effective legislation management plans are in place to mitigate and control mechanical, electrical, instrumentation control and automation (MEICA) hazards and risks.
- Review and identify new or amended legislation to establish if any changes are required within the business e.g. investment plans, working practices, updating of controlled documents, training material etc.
- Define the legislation management audit plan to establish / sustain legislation compliance supported by internal and external procedures.
- Support delivery of the legislation management audit plan e.g. establish clear rules/criteria needed to achieve compliance, liaise with resources to ensure clarity of their responsibilities as either duty holder or subject matter expert, develop/highlight reports containing supporting data and information.
- Support the proactive review of asset maintenance strategies to ensure they are compliant with legislation and that maintenance tasks add value to deliver the required level of asset availability and safety.
- Proactively drive the components of the legislation compliance framework for mechanical and electrical safety.
- Provide assurance that the business is meeting its requirements under legislation by reporting compliance to the management teams, including confirmation that control measures (risk assessments, maintenance tasks etc.) are being completed and to a quality standard.
- Monitor asset legislation related risks contained with risk registers and the actions required to mitigate those risks
- Manage/work with a team of subject matter experts
- Sound analytical skills to review legislation compliance and supporting evidence, with excellent communication / presentation skills to convey results / findings.
- Proven knowledge of quality management systems and underpinning frameworks, ideally within the context of legislation management.
- Degree in science, engineering or numerate subject or similar demonstrated experience.
- IBOSH & NEBOSH qualified.
- Proven operational and asset management experience of water and wastewater infrastructure assets or other similar utilities, and specifically key legislative requirements for MEICA related assets.
- Engineering chartership or equivalent is highly desirable
- Flexible work base - hybrid working discussed
- Excellent salary
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Competitive company pension
- 37 hour working week - Monday to Friday
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.