- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- IR35 hub
- Our locations
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Our Maritime client is looking for a number of designers (Mechanical/Electrical/Electronic and Naval Architect). The roles are INSIDE IR35. Must be able to obtain full security clearance.
The roles are primarily home working but will require the occasional visit to site of which there are a number across UK and Scotland.
Looking for people with a background within defense and submarines.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
ABOUT THIS ROLE:
Ensure definition of design solution(s) and deliverables to required standards, consistent with whole lifecycle from concept through to in service support.
* Exercise care for own health and safety and that of others as defined by Health and Safety legislation, adhere to endorsed Company policy, procedures and delegations (e.g. Health & Safety, Diversity & Inclusion, Performance & Development Reviews and Finance etc.)
* Prepare & produce drawings throughout design lifecycle and in line with recognised ISO standards to the required; time, cost and quality requirements.
* Prepare, produce and maintain project documentation as required by the design lifecycle, produce and update 'as built' /datum pack documentation.
* Liaise with colleagues and stakeholders during design lifecycle to ensure coordination and functionality of design, including contribution to design reviews.
* Develop innovative design solutions and solutions to manufacturing and installation issues by assisting in the resolution of Production and Technical Queries.
* Interface with customers and supply chain on design issues and assist with procurement specifications.
* Assist more senior designers in a range of activities including, production of estimates, maintenance and improvement in standard and quality of outputs, production and test organisations with the compilation of test forms and procedures.
* Fulfil Design Lead responsibilities as assigned for single discipline low risk projects
The role requires a good understanding of engineering and design practices as relevant to a design discipline including appropriate CAD skills, written and verbal communications skills, and an understanding of Risk Management. Generates a wide range of common or complex design situations and problems or detail for assemblies, components or systems. Applies knowledge to develop design solutions to a wide range of common or complex design situations & problems under limited technical supervision. Typically Engineering Tech status
Requires ONC/HNC/HND (or equivalent) OR BTEC National Certificate/Diploma (or equivalent) OR appropriate apprenticeship of specialisation AND
Relevant industry experience, requires referenced levels of the ICF (Integrated Competency Framework) to be demonstrated or being worked towards AND engaged in structured development and is working towards meeting the registration requirements of the Engineering Council at Incorporated Engineer Level 1
Design and Technical
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.