- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Vessel and Equipment Maintainer
Our client are a leading designer and manufacturer of cutting edge autonomous boats. They have an exciting opportunity for an experience vessel maintainer to join their rapidly growing team in Portchester
To act as the principal maintenance/repair lead for maritime vessels, maritime equipment and customer vessels/equipment under contract to the business.
To ensure accurate and timely records are compiled and kept for all maintenance/repair/test procedures.
The role is best suited to a Technician qualified individual who has both certification as a Technician and a proven record of maintaining and repairing Maritime Vessels between 4m-15m in length and up to 12 Tonnes displacement.
The general scope includes Aluminium and GRP Hull structures, Mechanical and Electrical Equipment including high performance inboard and outboard propulsion systems.
Primary Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Setting up and operating a scheduled maintenance system for all company and customer vessels.
- Conducting scheduled maintenance & emergent repairs on a range of marine equipment.
- Compiling and maintaining the appropriate records for the maintenance and repair of maritime equipment.
- Informing the team on the readiness of vessels to support the delivery programme.
- Diagnosing basic marine electrical faults and report for repair by others.
- Having a working knowledge of MGN 280 and the Workboat Code.
- Having the appropriate licensing to undertake towing of both laden and unladen trailers.
- Undertaking basic rigging work on rope and wire rigs fitted to hulls.
- Liaising with others to organise boat lifts and launches.
- Conducting preparations for boat lifts and launches.
- Undertaking general husbandry of the external hull and internal hull areas of company and customer vessels to maintain the material condition of vessels and equipment to a high standard.
- Ensuring all safety equipment required for coded vessels is in date, maintained and correctly stowed onboard vessels.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.