- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- IR35 hub
- Our locations
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Senior Site Manager
My Client is recruiting for a Senior Site Manager in the Water Sector
My Client is looking to strengthen their Team with a Senior Site Manager. Working as part of a joint venture that will deliver a range of construction schemes to maintain and improve water supply and wastewater treatment works within the North West region.
The Joint Venture has been set up specifically to execute the 5-year (2020 - 2025) AMP7 capital delivery framework. It will be delivering a programme of works up to £500m over the 5-year period consisting of both heavy civil engineering and mechanical and electrical activities.
Based throughout the North West region, you will bring about an effective completion of the programme of works on time whilst maintaining the safety/environmental standards, quality of workmanship and the most economic use of labour, plant and materials.
You will report directly to the Project Manager and the responsibilities will include:
- Understands and implements the Quality, Safety and Environmental Policies/Procedures and Targets.
- Allocate staff to sites to ensure they are adequately resourced in conjunction with the Construction Manager to ensure efficient batch resource management.
- Demonstrate felt leadership across all sites within work programme maintaining a highly visible presence.
- Co-ordinate and control initial site set-up, the ongoing construction site activities, actively installing systems and procedures across the programme of works.
- Rigorously apply effective planning techniques, methods analysis and controls to ensure the most effective use of resources and Sub-Contractors across the programme of works.
- Ensure early involvement in each project to allow influence on Constructability & programme at the earliest possible stage across the programme of works.
- Ensure staff/resources assigned to each site are adequately trained to comply with the requirements of the SHEQ procedures.
- Monitor and record individual performances encouraging and disciplining as and when necessary.
- Administer the valuation system in conjunction with the Commercial department, maximising cash collection and profitability across the programme of works.
- Monitor closely cost control on each site ensuring there is a robust system to allow correct cost accounting/accruing on a monthly basis.
- Setting up of 'call off' orders for materials for both permanent and temporary works using programme of works as a lever to drive best value.
- Produce data as required to the Project Manager, to facilitate accurate reporting for inclusion in Management Board Papers. Assist in preparation of monthly client progress reports.
- Compile and distribute 4 weekly look ahead programmes (or ensure they are in place for each site under your control)
- Attend and actively engage in Collaborative Planning sessions and implement Production Control techniques across the sites.
- Appraise the security risk to all company property under your control and install security levels commensurate to the relative values.
- Maintain standards of integrity & ethical working and actively lead by example.
- Ensure the H&S, Environmental and Construction Management Plans are fully implemented and maintained across the programme of works.
- Standardise working practises, approach to work and quality of site establishments across the batch of sites/projects under your responsibility.
- Proven track record of successfully leading site teams.
- Extensive site management experience in the water and wastewater industry.
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written)
- Strong leadership and motivational skills with the drive and focus to deliver results through teams.
- SMSTS qualification
- First Aid at Work
- Temporary Works Co-ordinator (CITB
- Asbestos Awareness
- CSCS Site Manager's Card
- Environmental Awareness Training