- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- IR35 hub
- Our locations
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Based in Gloucester the successful Site Supervisor will report to the Area Manager. The Site Supervisor will be responsible for scoping and managing the delivery of planned, reactive and emergency works, ensuring the priorities of services are met.
The construction of the Highways Schemes in Gloucestershire to include (but not limited to) Public Realm improvements, carriageway and footway repairs and reconstruction, drainage, vehicle restrain systems (VRS), temporary works, traffic management, road markings and signs, minor and major improvement works.
General responsibilities of Site Supervisor:
- Supervising the run SOR/and or Defect gangs.
- Book road space, plan up and coming jobs.
- Ordering materials..
- Looking after the various contracts and programs relating to them, managing a crew of operatives with daily interaction with the client as well as the crew, monitoring health and safety and production on site, also programming and costing of works undertaken.
- Run programs on time and completing programs to budget and costing reports.
- Completing to budget by allocating correct resources.
- To ensure effective and accessible communication with staff, client team, designers and others as appropriate.
- To organise and deliver all works in such a way as to ensure that it is carried out within the costs To manage the vehicles and drivers allocated to him/her and to participate in the legal, safe and effective operation.
- To ensure compliance with all Health & Safety legislation, associated codes of practice and Council policies
- To be generally responsible for security arrangements in respect of materials, plant and vehicles on site or at
depots. Ensuring that materials, vehicles, plant and equipment delivered to site are to specifications. Checking
standard and quality of work, sorting out problems on site as they arise.
- Knowledge of Papyrus, CPA and Sap.
- IT literate (MS Excel/Outlook).
- Good working Commercial knowledge - Daily reports for costing of Labour, vehicles etc.
- Driving Licence