- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- IR35 hub
- Our locations
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Sub Agent (Outside IR35)
Matchtech are excited to be working alongside a major Highways client in the South East (on projects in Brighton and surrounding areas), and as result we have a live opportunity for an experienced Sub Agent.
The Sub Agent is responsible for the supervision and delivery of projects in order to achieve customers' objectives, while maintaining high standards of health and safety, quality, social, environmental impact and cost control. They will supervise the delivery of projects, to the specified quality, the required programme and to the maximum commercial performance. The post-holder will work closely with the engineers, senior managers and surveyors to ensure that projects are completed in a safe manner whilst customer requirements and expectations are always maintained or exceeded.
Key Roles, Responsibilities and Accountabilities
Leadership and Planning
* Supervise projects ensuring they are delivered to programme without delays, while driving best value
* Deliver projects in compliance with group policies and procedures
* Take ownership alongside the commercial teams of financial forecasting, monitoring and the control of project costs, driving cost reporting and commercial awareness, while always challenging the status quo
* When required, produce daily, weekly and monthly reports to the Site Agent, Senior Site Agent and Project Manager on project performance, efficient team building and resources
* Produce and analyse client project progress reports, updated costs and forecasts
* Ensure the proper use, commercial engagement and management of the supply chain
* Support effective cost control, maintaining close liaison with operations and commercial managers for Project Controls, Change Management, Planning, Risk Management, Finance and Procurement.
* Ensure weekly review of progress, budget resources and forward planning is carried out, and that lookahead programmes are in place
* Chair and attend internal and external meetings and ensure the production of accurate records of any discussions and actions
* Ensure timely management of both temporary and permanent design to meet the requirements of each project and lead all actions to solve technical difficulties and improve performance in terms of progress and quality
* Be seen as a proud and effective Sub Agent and leader of your team. Coach and motivate the site teams and lead by example promoting the values of the client.
* Encourage and act on feedback - ensure your team's, customer and client feedback and comments are acknowledged, prioritised and actioned
* Manage change, be an effective problem solver and embrace innovation
* Manage and drive team and individual performance to meet deadlines and quality standards taking account of impact outside area of responsibility
Health, Safety, Environmental, Quality and Social Management
* By example, promote the highest possible standards of leadership when implementing procedures and best practice, ensuring compliance with Group procedures and legal obligations encouraging a safety culture in full support of our values - the client Way
* Allocate responsibilities and duties for site personnel, check understanding and provide training as necessary
* Take ownership and ensure that Health, Safety, Environmental, Quality and Social Management documents and procedures are implemented on each project, kept up to date and undertake weekly site inspections, ensuring that audits and reports are produced, liaising with the necessary parties
* Proactively promote continuous improvement initiatives (e.g. customer and supplier feedback, back to basics, process improvements and knowledge management)
* Ensure safe systems of work are well developed, briefed and implemented by the site teams in line with the Group Business Management System
* Liaise with third parties to ensure compliance with regulatory standards
* Take ownership of individual projects, being commercially aware while managing risk and site activities to ensure work is completed on time and within budget, to deliver work profitably and sustainably
* Put in place measures including documentation and briefings to ensure accurate implementation of all engineering controls and compliance with the contract drawings and specification
* Ensure projects are contractually and commercially managed, including responsibility for ensuring all contractual timescales are adhered to
* Manage and monitor the contract deliverables, ensuring all such deliverables and associated communications to clients are completed in a timely manner to ensure the client meets its contractual obligations in a collaborative and integrative approach.
* Deputise for the Senior Site Agent and Project Manager, as required, providing appropriate commercial information to promote informed decision-making.
* Make sure all works delivered represent value for money and ensure that fair and effective commercial management processes are implemented and maintained during the life of projects.
* Support the commercial team in final account negotiations and settlements of the contracts and support the team with the contract close out.
Qualifications and Training
▪ NVQ/HNC/HND Level or equivalent experience
▪ CSCS Gold Card
▪ TWC or TWS
▪ First Aid (3 day course)
▪ NVQ Level 3 or 4
▪ NEC Contract Courses
▪ Underground Services (IOSH)