- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Communication Systems Design Engineer
Our client are a defence and security communication systems manufacturer with an exciting role for a communication systems designer to join their growing team.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
- Produce simulations of wireless systems, signals and environments using Matlab, Python or similar tools
- Develop signal processing algorithms for radio transceivers, including, for example, demodulators, source coders/decoders, channel coders/decoders, and radio
- direction finding (RDF)
- Implement software defined radio (SDR) applications using FPGAs and sequential processors
- Develop tools to analyse radio system performance
- Determine product requirements through customer interaction
- Work closely with other members of a multi-disciplined team on hardware and user interfaces
- Provide design input on company products
- Manage and organise work to agreed timescales and specifications
- Attend training to develop relevant knowledge and skills
- Maintain company quality system for systems engineering Person Profile
- Degree (or equivalent) in Electronic Engineering, Physics, Computer Science or related subject. A higher degree or PhD is an advantage.
Specific Job Skills:
- Thorough understanding of digital signal processing (DSP) tools and techniques
- Understanding of wireless communication technologies and techniques
- Proficient at Matlab, Python and/or C
- Communications Systems Engineer
- Familiar with FPGA programming
- Experience of working with RF systems and test equipment.
- A working knowledge of the following technologies would be an advantage: IP networks, Linux, RTOS, source control (e.g. using GIT), assembly code, DSP, FPGA.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.