- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- IR35 hub
- Our locations
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
IoT Lab Technician
We are currently recuriting for an IoT Lab Technician to work with a key client in Leeds on a permanent basis.
IoT Lab Technician
At Engie Smart Buildings we develop IoT solutions to cover a wide range of applications. These solutions include both hardware (electronic devices) and software implementations working in tandem to provide advanced building control in both large commercial and residential building applications.
As lab technician, the applicant will be responsible to operate, maintain, and propose new ways to organise the IoT laboratory where the electronic devices are developed, tested, and configured. Additionally, the job holder will need to support the development activities carried out by the developers in the team.
The roles and responsibilities of the IoT lab technician are the following:
- Manage and maintain stock level of IoT components/products
- Keep an inventory of the
- Assist in the soldering, setup, and assembly of products
- Producing and updating bill of materials
- Organise and maintain shipping
- Assist in the design and implementation of test rigs
- Assisting in the certification test of electronic devices
- Maintain technical documentation about the different devices
- Assist in the diagnosis/debugging of devices
- Provide overall support of the R&D process
The role has a big impact in the success of the product development and delivery of the company. The job holder will need to create an optimum environment for the lab for devices to be developed and tested. Additionally, the role has a direct impact in que quality of the products due to the support that the job holder would need to provide in debugging and problem solving for the IoT products, which will also reduce the development time for new devices.
Additionally, the assembly and setup of products will have a big impact in the delivery times and quantities that can be supplied for the different projects.
The job holder must deal with challenges which vary from technical, admin and supply chain-related in a day-to-day basis.
Finding and fixing PCB issues, assembling components and keeping an up-to-date information of stock levels and technical documents for the different products are some of the essential requirements that will allow a prompt delivery of products and support development carried out by the IoT developers.
Qualifications or Required Experience:
The qualifications and essential skills for the IoT lab technician role are the following:
- A degree in electronics, electrical or relevant subject
- Proficiency at soldering PCBs for both, smd and through hole components
- Experience in PCB construction
- Basic knowledge of schematics and electronics
- Skills for problem finding and debugging of PCBs
- Experience in electronic devices assembly
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
- Flexible approach to work under a different set of requirements
Additionally, desirable skills include:
- Programming skills
- PCB design/layout experience
- Experience with microcontroller devices, Raspberrry pi, Arduino, etc.
- Experience with electronic test equipment
l PROMOTING INTEGRITY AND TRUST
- l PROVIDING PURPOSE AND FOCUS
- l LEADING AND ADAPTING TO CHANGE AND TRANSFORMATION
- l DRIVING SUSTAINABLE PERFORMANCE AND EFFICIENCY
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.