- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- IR35 hub
- Our locations
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Inspector / Metrology Technician to work for a leading Aerospace supplier based in Burnley.
This role will be supporting production across all 3 UAP's on day / night shift using laser tracking equipment across all programmes.
The successful candidate will perform ICY inspection of manufactured products and produce a report detailing product conformity & any non-conformances through use of various metrology equipment & software
The ideal candidate will have a background using laser tracker equipment using Polyworks however our client will consider candidates with FARO Arm or CMM experience as can transfer the skills.
Working autonomously, you must be a good communicator, team player and show an eye for detail while demonstrating a 'can do' attitude towards problem solving You will work cross functionally as support for the Operations, Manufacturing Engineering & Quality teams
* Selection, application & usage of laser tracker equipment.
* Producing & understanding inspection reports.
* Using datum systems & ICY jigs to set up products for inspection.
* Using PLM to reference product / component data. Candidate skills requirements:
* Proficient in the use of Polyworks software * Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) * Understanding of engineering drawings & 3D CAD data.
* Proactive, willing to innovate and challenge where appropriate. * Communicative and able to be a team Player - consider team goals. * Good verbal and written communication skills * Continuous Improvement & Quality mindset
This role will start on a straight DAY shift (Mondays - Thursday)
However by January will be operating on both Days and Nights (most likely 1 month of each) Shift premiums will apply for the Night shift so we would need the selected candidate to be flexible with their working hours.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.