- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- IR35 hub
- Our locations
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Body Electronics Engineers
Exciting opportunities have arisen for experienced Automotive Engineers with proven Body Electronics - Electronic Control Unit development. To work for a leading Automotive Consultancy with an innovative Automotive OEM.
Project Engineer for Body Electronics - Electronic Control Units (ECU) is responsible for design, development, integration and delivery of state-of-the-art electronic body features to current and future road cars.
Able to create technical requirements, maintain ownership of ECU hardware and software to achieve convergence between supplier and customer.
This role is OUTSIDE IR35
Flexible working arrangement - 1 day p/w on site.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in UK.
Area of Responsibility
The Body Electronics team is responsible for the specification, integration, validation and delivery of all Body Electronics ECU's. Responsibilities will include management and direct delivery of body systems:
- Coordinate with cross functional global teams to collectively deliver all aspects of the body ECU on current and future vehicles including
- Maintain and co-ordinate detailed system specifications implementation for the body ECU.
- Maintain the supplier base and establish strategic partnerships to enhance technology roadmap
- Responsible for integrating and adapting complex changes for current technical specifications at ECU level and sub-system level.
- Responsible for managing technical requirements and feature design for the body ECU, provide guidance on system design verification.
- Responsible for Supplier Management for HW and SW releases based on vehicle timeline.
- Responsible to lead root cause analysis on issues identified during validation and vehicle builds
- Take responsibility for resolving issues on current production and development vehicles and taking advice from senior engineers where needed.
- Report on current activities, software status and issues to management levels
- Manage the communication flow and risks for successful delivery of the project and avoid escalations
- Support prototype build planning and lead the BoM validation of prototype and pre-production builds in conjunction with Engineering and Manufacturing team members
- Arbitrate vehicle/lab-car departmental planning and usage
- Develop and co-ordinate DVP plans for all areas associated with the Body ECU.