- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Principal Bridge Engineer
This Leading Multi-Disciplinary Consultancy is seeking a numbe of people to join them in either the Birmingham, Manchester, York or Glasgow offices.
Principal Bridge Engineer - Birmingham - Up to £55k
We are working with a world leading Consultancy providing Engineering expertise across the transport infrastructure sector. With over 800 staff operating from 12 locations across the UK there Highways and Rail team operating on a wide range of high-profile infrastructure projects across the UK.
With continued success across the Bridges sector they are looking to growth and strengthen their presence across the Birmingham, Manchester, York and Glasgow offices. They are looking for experienced Principal Bridge Engineers to help manage and deliver on challenging and high-profile projects including TransPennine Route Upgrade (TRU). You will be providing a significant input on TRU as well as other bridge maintenance, repair, and renewal packages with Design and Build contractors.
This is a fantastic opportunity for established Principal Engineers or experienced Senior Engineers looking to progress to the next level.
Experience / Skill required
- Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering
- Chartered Civil/Structural Engineer
- Experienced in Bridge Design on Rail projects
- Experience working in CRE role within bridge design
- Experience developing and leading teams
- Experience working on Network Rail Bridge Assessments is desirable
- Committed to continuous improvement and learning
- Proficient in use of spoken and written English language
- UK citizen or indefinite leave to remain
- Act in role of CRE for Bridge Design on Network Rail projects
- Prepare and check engineering designs and calculations
- Maintain relationships with all external parties to enhance the reputation of the company
- Liaise with CAD Technicians in production of drawings
- Responsible for the discipline strategy, recruitment, and development of staff
- Identification of the key resources and timescales required to deliver projects on time and to budget
- Lead the development for technical solutions to client remits
- Record and track documents electronically and monitor adherence to quality assurance
- Ensure compliance with Client, Company, National and International standards and policies
- Delivery of work to programme, budget, and specification
- Aid in development of junior staff through training and mentoring
- Contribute to development of the office by introducing improvements to procedures, and practices
- Implement effective, value for money, and innovative design solutions to meet technical project requirements
- Working on TransPennine Route Upgrade (TRU)!
- Flexible agile working
- Office locations in Birmingham, Glasgow, Manchester, or York.
- Working with other like-minded engineers and technicians to complete challenging major projects throughout the UK.
- Open to incorporating other engineers and technicians known to yourself within the team.
Rewards and Benefits
Our client is able to offer a highly competitive salary and benefits package, with full training and career development a key feature in the support they offer their people.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.