- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- IR35 hub
- Our locations
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
We have the opportunity to join an award-winning business, who have a number of successions as a thriving and successful business in the Engineering and Technology Sector!
Important: All applicants must be able to obtain Security Clearance.
Working: Possible Flexible and some remote working potentials.
The company are an award winning business, with most recently receiving accreditation for two Gold awards with Investors in People. The awards are "We invest in people" and "We invest in wellbeing". These awards are a true testament to the organisation the supportive culture within the company.
Do you have the drive and ability to juggle and deliver your expertise across multiple projects? The creativity and personality to work with others to derive holistic solutions to technically challenging problems? The Thermal Engineering role gives the opportunity for you to work on a variety of projects that will stretch your skills and imagination as a Thermal Engineer.
Working for an internationally recognised company, delivering leading edge military systems, you will play a critical role in ensuring that the products deliver the necessary performance against key customer requirements.
- Ideally qualified to degree-level or equivalent experience in a Physics or Engineering based subject, such as; Electronics, Hardware, Computer Science, Software or Systems Engineering etc.
- Good problem solving skills coupled with a sound fundamental knowledge of heat transfer analysis using Finite Element methods.
- Experience applying numerical based tools (e.g. ANSYS, 6SigmaET, ICEPAK, FLOTHERM) to investigate and analyse heat conductance problems.
- Determined individuals that are self-motivated and can demonstrate strong interpersonal skills.
- Experience in the Defence / Aerospace or safety regulated environment would be advantageous.
- Demonstrable experience leading and managing small teams in the delivery of projects.
- Relevant experience in an equivalent or comparable industry.
- Knowledge and experience of methods for managing the thermal performance of mechanical and electronic systems.
- Past experience writing/reviewing formal documents/deliverables on projects.
- Previous experience identifying and delivering capability and technical improvements.
For full information, please get in touch!