- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Specialising in special purpose build industrial machines, this business are looking for an experienced Controls Engineer to join their growing team.
* Liaise with the Senior Projects Engineer (Controls) at all stages of the design, build and test of a system.
* Assist in project planning process.
* Assist in writing the Specification documents for a system when required.
* Taking Part in Design Review as required.
* Liaise with the Projects Engineers (Controls) on a project and the incorporation of relevant mechanical, electrical, robotic and vision inputs into the Software design.
* Design of control system in compliance with applicable project, quality and statutory requirements.
* Preparation of all PLC, HMI and associated software/documentation for the project.
* Travel and Commission project on client's site when required. (Wide UK travel)
* Advise the Production Manager of any foreseen delays with the software design and commissioning of the system.
* Control Engineer experience
* A good understanding of software design principles.
* Knowledge of standards and regulations.
* Experience in the use of Siemens, Mitsubishi and other automation hardware and design packages
* Knowledge/experience with robotic and vision systems advantages
The current benefits are in place:
* 24 days holiday per year excluding bank holidays
* Use of pool car to travel to clients
* 37.5 hour working week, with overtime options in some circumstances
* Flexible working hours with core office times being 9:30 - 16:00.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.