- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- IR35 hub
- Our locations
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Street Works Coordinator and Permitting Officer
Working in Central London on behalf of this Local Authority you will be joining a growing Street Works team reporting to the Highway Network Manager.
The primary focus of this role is the assessment and inspection of Streetworks, the impact of utility related activities within this thriving Borough and its associated road network particularly on affected SRN/TLRN routes ensuring full compliance with the Councils Network Management Duty. This will include:
- Assisting in the management of the administrative systems and procedures to ensure permit applications are correctly received and assessed.
- Carry out assessment / inspections of planned works and schemes and development related works (DRW).
- Assessing permit applications for accuracy and potential breaches of the NRSWA, Traffic Management Act and the Borough's own permit schemes.
- Issuing / implementation of Fixed Penalty Notices (FPN)
In order to be successful, you will need to have:
- Experience of working with a street works system, ideally Symology.
- Experience of reviewing and approving permit applications
- Experience of inspection and implementation of traffic management.
- Experience of inspection and monitoring of highway reinstatements and materials used.
- Experience of managing the implementation of road works and street works.
- Good understanding of relevant legislation, the political context and public sector environment.
- A New Roads and Street Works (NRSWA) qualification
In return this London Borough offers an exciting environment to work in with strong investment for growth and regeneration across the borough, a team that will help you develop and hone your skills and support you in your personal growth and development.
The role on offer is a full-time 3-month rolling contract, with long term work available, assessed as inside IR35 with a rate of £20ph - £25ph.
For more info contact Robert or simply just apply