- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Systems Engineer (ECM)
Are you an experienced ECM Systems Engineer looking for the next move in yuour career? If so this may be the role for you!
In this position, you will involved in working on challenging programmes to bring new technology to a major UK customer base. It will include the build, test and trials phases of the programme.
- Prepare ECM system and subsystem specifications and interface control documentation, equipment against rigorous analysis and decomposition of the customer requirements and change requests.
- To support and contribute to the ECM product strategy, in particular in the domains of active and passive CIED
- Provide technical support to the IVVQ team during the system integration and acceptance phase of the ECM programmes.
- Conduct of technical investigations into both equipment level and system level anomalies, liaising with software and hardware engineers as required.
- Maintain the design and production baselines through to platform acceptance.
- Provide work package estimates that balance quality, compliance and cost - subsequently discharge work packages to time, quality and cost.
Skills, experience and qualifications:
- Able to derive and prepare system and sub-system specifications from customer requirements and to ensure that the requirements meet the needs of the customer.
- Experience of Performance modelling, SWaP & Cost budget modelling. DOORS experience desirable.
- Requirements Manager, requirements allocation, developing/maintaining specifications, developing functional architecture, generating system and sub-system requirements from Customer needs.
- To originate, specify and prove designs to meet project operational requirements.
- To support forward planning activities for project activities and to support the generation of relevant development plans.
- To support the generation of project cost and schedule information and support the review of that data.
- To ensure the product is delivered on time and to budget
- To support the management of project risks
- To support project 'team building'.
- To ensure that project safety requirements are addressed in a manner consistent with company processes.
- Capable of 'hands-on' implementation of design solutions and technical problem solving.
- Knowledge and experience of Systems Engineering lifecycle activities including PDR, CDR, PRR and TRR through the design and development phases into production, integration, verification, validation and acceptance.
- Experience of working with customers, presenting technical solutions or design reviews as required.
- A working level experience of ECM systems, equipment and infrastructure.
- An understanding of ECM equipment, architectures & operation, installation and commissioning would be desirable.
If you feel the above skillsets and requirements are a good fit. Please apply and i will be in touch to discuss the role in more detail!
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.