- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- IR35 hub
- Our locations
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Distribution Designer - Remote in VA
Distribution Designer needed with 4 years min OH experience, working on Storm Hardening, Reliabilities and Semi Feeders
Looking for a Designer with the following skills, knowledge and abilities:
- Ability to independently identify, analyze, and solve the more difficult technical problems related to specialty area.
- Possesses a strong knowledge of drafting/design, including techniques, standards, nomenclature, and symbols used in the preparation of drawings.
- Possess aptitude for computing and design.
- Possess good verbal and written communication skills.
- Possess good interpersonal skills to build relationships and work effectively in a team environment.
- Possess willingness to accept responsibility for project team members and ensure all work completed is of the highest quality.
- Thorough understanding of applicable company policies, procedures, and practices as well as federal, state, and local government laws and regulations.
- Possess working knowledge of computers and software such as AutoCAD, Microstation, Plant 3D, Inventor and Microsoft Office Suites.
- Willingness to develop, promote and comply with Mesa safety requirements.
- A two-year associate degree in engineering technology preferred,
- A minimum of 4 years of progressively responsible experience in design in specialty area.
- Normal office environment with occasional overnight field trips to plant sites requiring ability to walk and climb stairs or ladders in a plant or industrial environment.
- Potential for long term field assignments to support fabrication or construction activities, requirement the ability to walk and climb stairs or ladders, spend extended periods in hot/cold, dusty environments, and interface with craft personnel/supervision.
- Works under direction of Design Specialist and Engineering Manager.
- Performs basic functions required to develop and design, or coordinates/supervises other designers or technicians in completion of, routine to moderately difficult engineering and construction drawings (layouts, assemblies, schematics, and details) in specialty area based on general engineering or design information utilizing computer aided design technology.
- Requires experience in all phases of design (for specialty area), including substantial and varied experience involving responsible planning and design of complex projects.
- Ensures coordination of design activities between specialty areas of project team.
- Responsible for quality of design documents, and ensuring all documents are prepared and checked in accordance with applicable Mesa or client procedures. May perform design checking function on design deliverables, or delegate function to other qualified staff members, to ensure that deliverables meet specification, regulations, and contract requirements.
- Understands the basic design approach (technical, construction, and commercial) and ensures that the design approach meets the applicable requirements.
- Must be knowledgeable of all drawing types required for a project, understanding their purpose, inter-relationship with other sets of deliverables, method of generation, and cost to produce.
- Manages personal task assignments, and for designated projects manages assignments of other less experienced design team members to ensure adherence to scope, schedule and budget.
- Communication with project management personnel to update project status and changes in scope, schedule, or budget.
- Oversee, direct, and mentor the efforts of less experienced engineers, designers, and technicians as applicable.
- Completes design calculations, prepares material and equipment specifications, and provides preliminary sketches and notes for drawings.
- Must have an excellent understanding of general construction methods and special constructability requirements, and ensure that design deliverables meet those requirements.
- Independently evaluates, selects, and applies design techniques, procedures, and criteria to assigned engineering/technical task.
- Work may involve areas lacking precedent or unusual design requirements.
- Works with Engineering Manager and Project Manager in proposal development by defining a project's scope of work, man-hour estimate, preliminary schedule, exclusions/assumptions, and interface constraints.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)