- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Product Development Technician
We have a great opportunity for a Product Development Technician to join our clients growing engineering business based in Dusseldorf.
We have partnered with a global organization with a longstanding successful history that has been built through collaboration with top brands, distributors and business owners, gained over many decades in their industry.
If you are excited to work with an organization that places people at the heart of its operations and secures solutions for the most pressing of customer challenges, then we would like to speak with you. Our client's aim is to be inspirational in their markets and continue to develop a strong portfolio of products that will inspire and invigorate their customer experience.
Through innovation and courage, they deliver high quality craftsmanship in all that they do. If you hold these qualities, are a team player with the wider community in mind and welcome an environment that challenges you professionally and intellectually, talk to us about becoming part of our clients growing team.
Make today the day you change and join a dynamic organization where everything you do is recognized and continues to build success.
We are looking for a Product Development Technician to carry out testing on products and prototypes within an engineering lab environment.
What you will be doing…
- Create prototype electro-mechanical systems (including refrigeration) with reference to CAD models and drawings
- Carry out testing on products as per given procedures / Project request
- Generate test reports based on the test results
- Assemble and operate associated test equipment in a safe manner.
- Set up and use data acquisition systems (temperature, pressure and electrical parameters)
- Trouble shooting of mechanical problems with minimal support of the project engineer
- Maintain lab test records within the company's project information systems
- Prepare and present technical information relating to prototype testing
- Initiate continuous improvement ideas for ongoing development of lab facilities
- Maintain facilities in accordance with 5S principles and re-order lab materials as needed
What we are looking for…
- Diploma in Engineering (Electronics/Mechanical) with 2 to 4 years of experience in electro-mechanical, fluid management or refrigeration systems
- Use drilling, cutting, bending, grinding and other power tools and machinery
- Knowledge of, and hands on experience in, laboratory practices/processes such as 5S, Kanban, safety measures etc.
- Competent with MS office tools to create and maintain test reports, records and related documentation
- Self-motivated and able to setup experimentation activities in lab
- Keen to learn & adapt quickly; should bring very high energy levels
- Familiarity with different fluid handling systems and refrigeration systems is advantage
- Understanding of ISO 17025 standard
- Knowledge in environmental chambers and related trouble shooting
- Knowledge in Reliability testing
- Ability to calibrate the equipment's and coordinate with calibrating agencies
- Knowledge in different national and international test standards related to performance and safety (IEC/UL/ISO) also Customer specific standards
- Knowledge in PLC and Timer programming for test automation
- Proficient in English and German languages
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.