- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- IR35 hub
- Our locations
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Contract C++/C# Software Engineer
Our client, a Global Defence company are requiring a C++/C# Software Engineer to join them on an initial 6 month contract. Role is based in Filton and has been determined as working inside IR35.
Job Title: Software Engineer (C#,C++)
Overview of department:
WSSE are integral in the development of weapon systems and system architectures, and as a result we have developed a capability supporting developments across the full product life cycle.
The team integrate real products, models and synthetic environments to provide visualisations, demonstrations, verification & validation as well as training capability and support.
- You will be part of a team, delivering innovative solutions whilst utilising the latest technologies.
- Working with Project Leads and Simulation Architects to design and develop software components as an end to end representation of a weapon System in a Synthetic Environment using C#, C++.
- You will work as part of a heterogeneous agile development team, made up of mixed discipline engineers working in synergy to develop synthetic environments.
- To follow WSSE's agreed approach to software development including
- Configuration control
- Continuous Integration
- Continuous Delivery or Deployment
- Unit testing and test driven development.
- Proficient in C# / C++ / Java
- Microsoft Visual Studio, Eclipse
- Ability to work from high level/system view into technical detail.
- Excellent verbal, presentation and written communication skills
- Knowledge of using Microsoft Windows and Linux operating systems
- Real-Time Software
- Datalinks and Interfaces such as 1553/1760 and Ethernet TCP/IP
- Practical knowledge of System integration principles and processes