- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- IR35 hub
- Our locations
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Project Manager - New Product Development
We have a great opportunity for a Project Manager to play a key role in New Product Development within our engineering clients growing business.
What you will be doing…
As a Project Manager, you will be responsible for working with customers and internal stakeholders in developing new products and equipment for the food industry. This role is primarily focused on managing the new product development (NPD) process for the new products being developed within the business unit. This includes managing the requirements for all phases of product development from ideation to commercialization. The position requires the ability to work directly with customers and business unit functional areas such as marketing, sales, technical service and operations in managing their input to the NPD process.
This position offers a great opportunity to join a global company who are looking to expand their new offices in Dusseldorf.
What you will be doing…
- Act as a subject matter expert (SME) with deep understanding of the NPD process and related needs new developments
- Manage the timing and resources of multiple projects within the department. Regularly summarize the key milestone delivery dates through the use of Ghantt charts and provide summary reporting to the Management Team.
- Interface directly with customers and sales team to understand and develop product specification and requirements
- Work with the engineers and other stakeholders on required documentation for each phase of the NPD process
- Facilitate toll gate meetings for sign-off on key project phases
- Maintain a dashboard of new development status and related metrics
- Develop presentations and lead status meetings on key NPD projects with internal and external stakeholders
- Provide design and product analysis to meet customer specifications emphasizing design for manufacturability and cost; i.e. FMEA, VAVE.
- Understand and apply pertinent regulatory agency standards; i.e. NSF, UL, CE
- Propose, design, and conduct tests to challenge and/or prove product design features
- Support the patent process as needed
Required Qualifications, Skills/Competencies
- Ideally a Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering from an accredited 4 year college or university with relevant experience.
- Strong work ethic, high energy, enthusiasm and passion for product development.
- Understanding of machine design and electro-mechanical systems.
- Ability to read and interpret technical documentation relating to products and processes, and utilize the full range of mechanical, electronic, and software development equipment and systems.
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Ability to work independently as well as to function as a team player and work constructively with internal and external resources to fulfill business requirements.
- Fluent in English and German languages