- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- IR35 hub
- Our locations
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Network Rail Asset Engineer - Drainage
- Network Rail - Asset Engineer
- Drainage asset examination and assessment experience needed
- Location - Derby, East Midlands
- Rate - £440/day
- NR - East Midlands control centre
- Start - Jan 2022
Asset Engineer - Drainage
- Successful relevant experience in drainage and/or civils engineering
- Provide technical guidance and support to the Senior Asset Engineer (Drainage) and Route Engineer (Drainage and Off Track)
- Undertake the evaluation of drainage examinations specifying necessary maintenance and renewal work.
- Monitor trends for asset condition, failures and failure precursors and maintenance and renewal work. Confirm that drainage risks are mitigated, and if necessary, appropriate action is specified and undertaken, and that comprehensive records are maintained.
- Attend and contribute to technical meetings with designers, deliverers, outside parties and the Route Engineering team.
- Undertake reviews of drainage design submissions
- Provide support to the production and prioritisation or route business plans/work banks using a risk-based asset management methodology
- Support the production of Route Requirements documents and remits for investment schemes.
- Monitor trends arising from examinations and evaluations, assessments, asset capability and failure precursors and confirm that action is specified and taken and participate in investigations of incidents.
- Work closely with those delivering the East Midlands Drainage workbank to monitor progress against plan and budget and communicate progress and where necessary recovery plans to the SAE and Route Engineer.
- Drive improvements in the use of new technology to bring about efficiencies in asset management
- Obtain and maintain a discipline Authority to Work including attendance at Network Rail safety and technical briefings
Job skills and qualifications
- HNC/HND or equivalent qualification in relevant subject.
- Experience of drainage asset examination and assessment
- An understanding of safety management systems and risk assessment techniques
- Awareness of Construction Design and Management Regulations
- Working towards membership of a relevant professional institution
- Degree in a relevant subject
- Incorporated Engineer or Chartered Engineer
- Member of a relevant professional institution
- Experience of drainage design
- Hold a Personal Track Safety Competence
- Previous experience of Network Rail systems such as Ellipse
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.